Play date: how to wear a romper to a party!

It was the bohemian pattern and pretty colour combination of this little one-piece from Forever 21 that first caught my eye a while ago…but when I realized it was a romper??  No thank you!!

Or so I thought!!  Over the next few weeks, it appeared – like magic! – on the racks in front of me whenever I popped into the store to see what was new…taunting me to give it a go!!  As my regular readers know, I’m usually more than willing to head in a new fashion direction; but I couldn’t imagine that it might lead me into romper territory!!

Of course, now I’m thrilled that I finally did decide to take this playsuit into the change room with me!!  I know it will be perfect for the beach with bare legs and some strappy sandals once summer arrives…but today, I was excited about amping it up for a weekend party with tights, pumps, and a statement-making necklace!!

I’ll admit that I was the only guest to show up in shorts, but I certainly didn’t feel “underdressed” for the occasion; proof once again that style is less about what you wear…than how you wear it!!

1. March 18, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Another fab look Monika, love how you've styled it, and I'm sure it will look great come the warmer weather.
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

• March 19, 2015 / 5:44 am

Thank you so much, dearest Sue!! I have a feeling that I might become a "romper" kind of girl after all!! 😉

2. March 18, 2015 / 2:53 pm

What a cute romper and the Kimberly necklace is just perfect for it.

• March 19, 2015 / 5:52 am

You sure know your Stella & Dot jewellery, dearest Joni!! I'm so happy you agree that the Kimberly necklace is a good match for my new little one-piece…it adds an extra touch of boho flair, doesn't it?! XOXO

3. March 18, 2015 / 4:08 pm

I'm not usually a fan of rompers. But, MY GOSH Mon, you did such a good job styling this one. Looks incredibly beautiful and something I'd happily wear!! In fact, maybe I need to go nab it from Forever 21. ASAP!!!! xo

• March 19, 2015 / 5:55 am

Until I found THIS romper, dearest V, I also thought it was a trend that simply wasn't for me!! But when it comes to fashion, never say never…right?! ;D

• March 19, 2015 / 5:59 am

Just a few simple accessories and voila!! A beach-appropriate playsuit suddenly becomes perfectly party-appropriate!! Don't you just LOVE experimenting with personal style, dearest Dawn?! XOXO

4. March 19, 2015 / 4:36 am

Wow it looks so so great! I love how you paired with black tights and pumps for an elegant look, it really works and that print is stunning!

Bella Pummarola

• March 19, 2015 / 6:04 am

As you know, I absolutely adore a pretty party dress, dearest Anett…but it sure was fun to do something a bit different this time around!! XOXO

5. March 19, 2015 / 7:46 am

I know how you origionally felt about the romper, I wasn't a fan of it until last summer. I gave in and bought two pair. I have to say that it was hard for me to shop for one because some are made way too short, but I found some that fit me just right. You found the perfect one, and styled it so well! Rompers are super cute, and I can't wait to wear more of them this summer. Looks fabulous on you!

xo,
    Tania

• March 22, 2015 / 7:28 pm

I'm all for wearing ANY trend you want, dearest Tania…it's just a matter of finding the version that works best for you!! And that's obviously what's happened for both of us with our romper "situation"…we finally connected with one (or two!) that fit perfectly!! ;D

6. March 20, 2015 / 4:10 am

I'm so happy that you are finally a romper convert!! Aren't they the best thing ever? Just like a dress, but you never have to worry about bending over or sitting on the ground! And it really looks amazing on you 🙂

xoxo Alison

• March 22, 2015 / 7:36 pm

Aww…thank you so much, dearest Alison!! And I DO have to admit that you're right about the bending over/sitting on the floor scenarios; I had to sit on a very low step at this party (not enough chairs to go around!)…and what could have been rather "awkward" in a dress was no problem at all in my romper!! XOXO

7. March 23, 2015 / 4:13 am

Glad you gave in to the temptation because you look perfect in that romper dear Monika. xo

• March 23, 2015 / 2:04 pm

So nice to hear that you like it as much as I do, dearest Elsie!! XOXO