Playing favourites: Long cardigan, striped jeans and major shoes!

I did warn you that you’d probably be seeing this new long cardigan of mine rather frequently…didn’t I, dear readers?!

styling a long cardigan with striped skinny jeans and platform shoes

Truthfully, I’ve barely taken it off since it came home with me a couple of weeks ago!!  And equally true is the fact that a trench coat and gumboots would probably be a more practical choice (we’ve had a lot of rain here in Vancouver recently!) but when the weather is cool and damp, I find I crave the snuggle factor of a sweater that much more!!

styling a long cardigan with striped skinny jeans and platform shoes

women's short hairstyle and jewellery accessories

Today I layered a long, fringe-trimmed vest under the cardi for some extra interest; I wasn’t sure at first if the “stripes on stripes” combination with my jeans would work…but it really does, don’t you think?!  And a whole year after I broke my foot last March, I was finally brave enough take these amazing platform mary-janes out for a spin again!!

platform mary-jane shoes

women's short hairstyle and outfit accessories

Now that it’s only the “ice” that’s been broken – so to speak! – the shoes will definitely be back…and so will my newest sweater love!!

styling a long cardigan with striped skinny jeans and platform shoes

• March 31, 2015 / 2:27 am

Aren't these striped skinnies just the coolest, dearest Sue?! It was "should I or shouldn't I" for quite a while before I FINALLY decided to add a pair to my denim collection…and now I don't know why it took me so long!! XOXO

1. March 31, 2015 / 10:00 am

Loving the cardi paired with those jeans, I just love both of them! The added heels really just play up this look! So gorgeous 🙂
    My fave part about your cardi is that it can go from dressy to comfy and that makes it such a great piece! Cardi's are my newest found love x

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• April 1, 2015 / 5:52 am

I'm SO happy that I'm up to wearing those mary-janes again, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…they definitely add some "wow!" to an outfit!! And the cardi and jeans?? How can you go wrong with combining your favourites, am I right?! 😉

2. March 31, 2015 / 10:29 am

Has it just been a year since we were both down and out with foot issues? Loving those sexy shoes on you! Great fun outfit head and toe. And yeah the stripes with the stripes totally work!

• April 1, 2015 / 6:05 am

Oh my gosh, the "broken bones" experience is one I hope NEVER to repeat, dearest Dawn…and I'm sure you're with me on that!! The one bright side to the whole thing?? I appreciate all my fabulous shoes that much more!! XOXO

3. March 31, 2015 / 9:39 pm

I just recently bought a long cardi and I think I'm going to go buy about seven more, haha. They go SO well with everything, and pep up dress outfits especially. Also, those jeans are fantastic. They're such eye catchers 🙂

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• April 1, 2015 / 6:13 am

If I'm allowed to choose between a coat and a sweater, I'll ALWAYS choose a sweater, dear Marlen…but this long cardigan is kind of the perfect hybrid of both!! And now that I've styled it with jeans a few times, I'm excited about doing a dress combination next!! 😉

• April 2, 2015 / 9:19 pm

The way this cardi-over-vest combination worked out was truly a pleasant surprise, dear Alena…the "waterfall" edges of the vest almost look like part of the sweater, don't they?! I love it when just a few tweaks give a piece a whole new look!! 😀