Sippy cup: Striped pencil skirt, wedge booties and a linen swing coat

So I’m not gonna lie…I definitely have a major Starbucks addiction!!

how to style a striped pencil skirt

By now, all my regular readers will know that my drink of choice is a soy chai latte; extra hot, if you please!!  It’s a little sweet, a little spicy…and with just enough caffeine to help me sail through those afternoons when I might otherwise be feeling the effects of some extra hours spent watching a late night movie (or catching up on my blog reading list!!)

how to style a striped pencil skirt

striped pencil skirt and accessories

I’ve even invested in a milk frother so that I can set up my very own Starbucks kiosk at the veterinary clinic every lunch hour!!

slate blue linen swing coat

how to style a striped pencil skirt

Do I sometimes feel guilty about my daily indulgence??  Maybe just a bit; but then again…what’s life without a treat or two?!

how to style a striped pencil skirt

(Remember, it’s Fun Fashion Friday today over at Fashion Should Be Fun…come join the party!!)

1. March 27, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Love this outfit, Monika – great proportions! Enjoy your treats! πŸ™‚ xx

• March 28, 2015 / 5:02 pm

I'm sipping on my chai latte right now, dearest Natalia!! πŸ˜€

• March 28, 2015 / 5:19 pm

Unfortunately, this striped skirt is a little too big on me now, dear Alena…the waistline gaps if I don't pull it in with a belt!! If I had your talent with a sewing machine, I'm sure it would be a rather quick fix; but since I don't want to give it away (I like it too much!) I think I'll be taking it to a seamstress to have it altered!! XOXO

2. March 27, 2015 / 8:22 pm

I never tried Starbucks before, but I am not into coffee or things like that.
    What a great skirt, love those stripes! That belt really is eye catching and I love that πŸ™‚

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 28, 2015 / 5:26 pm

You've NEVER tried Starbucks?!? Dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…you don't know what you're missing!! I don't drink coffee either (chai lattes are made with tea) but their hot chocolates are really yummy, too!! Or try my favourite drink…I've converted many friends over the years!! πŸ˜‰

3. March 28, 2015 / 5:13 am

Thanks for the shout out, Monika! And I absolutely agree that we need some treats in life and I would love to come work with you … and your frother! Adorable look as always. You have such a great eye for putting things together in an interesting way! Hope your weekend is wonderful!

• March 28, 2015 / 5:30 pm

My "homemade" chai lattes aren't QUITE as good as the ones that Starbucks baristas make, dearest Dawn…but I'm going to be VERY happy I have that milk frother when I take it to New Brunswick to visit my sister next month!! They don't have a Starbucks in their small town…eeek!! XOXO

4. March 28, 2015 / 11:40 am

I also love Starbucks!!! hihi.. and I love coffee, had to drink it the whole day long and also in the evening! πŸ™‚
    What a nice outfit.. gorgeous skirt, wished I could wear skirts without stockings now. Here in Germany itΒ΄s still cold, windy and looks more like fall.
    Love your clutch, wonderful color <3

have a wonderful and sunny weekend dear friend
    see you soon
    Dana πŸ™‚

• March 28, 2015 / 5:42 pm

That bag (a gift from my dad, by the way!) originally had a top handle, dearest Dana; but when the leather strap tore on one side, I didn't have the heart to throw it away…so I removed the handle and voila!! It's now a pretty fabulous clutch!! I even had someone ask me if it was a Balenciaga!! πŸ˜€

5. March 29, 2015 / 1:37 am

I've been thinking about getting a milk frother for *ages*- I don't even know why I'm stalling. That'd be a much cheaper alternative to those coffee runs- why I indulge in way too much too haha πŸ˜‰ And this outfit is adorable! I especially love the striped skirt- I love how bold the colors are. Very fun.

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• March 30, 2015 / 2:09 pm

I'm still a frequent visitor to the Starbucks drive-through, dear Marlen…but at least I don't need to go every. single. day. since the milk frother came into my life!! It's worth the investment, I promise!! πŸ˜‰