True blue love: a chambray shirt and denim pencil skirt!

For all my former reluctance to embrace the classic chambray shirt – I mean, I only just added one to my wardrobe about a month ago! – it now appears that I can hardly manage to put together an outfit without it!!  But that’s true love, right?!  😉

Today I was excited about experimenting with the whole “double denim” trend again (if you’ve been a regular reader for a while, you might remember the combination I did for my “Cinderella” post last summer!!)  Of course I know that chambray isn’t quite the same thing…but the vibe is similar enough to my acid-washed pencil skirt to create that top-to-bottom look I was after!!

So why is this confirmed “sweater girl” suddenly gaga over a button-front shirt??  Well – it’s taken me awhile, but I’ve started to realize that a top like this doesn’t have to feel buttoned up or constricting… as long as the fabric is soft and the fit is easy.

But one thing’s for sure…I’m still not plugging in my iron any time soon!!

1. March 11, 2015 / 1:14 pm

Seen a shirt like this in a store I was too a few days ago, I never liked the trend until recently. I think next time I go back I must pick up the shirt 🙂
    Loving the denim look, that skirt has to be my fave 😀

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 12, 2015 / 8:16 pm

I already know that this chambray shirt is going to take me right through spring and into summer, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha; won't it be perfect with a pair of white denim shorts, too?! And the fabric is seriously sooo soft…it's almost (almost!) as comfortable as my beloved knits!! 😉

2. March 11, 2015 / 5:33 pm

Don't you love it when you get something and you don't know how you lived without before?! Love that top and I can see why you love it! The double dose of denim is pretty awesome!

Rebecca

• March 12, 2015 / 8:22 pm

All hail a "Canadian Tuxedo"-inspired outfit, dearest Rebecca!! ;D As with so many things in fashion, it's often not about WHAT you wear, but HOW you wear it…and I'm really happy that I'm not the only one who thinks this combination works well!! XOXO

3. March 12, 2015 / 1:32 am

Very CUTE Monika !! Love the Denim/Chambray look and it is adorable on you. The grommet belt really pulls it all together. I must look for one here in Georgia : )
    Can't wait to see more spring outfits !!
    Take care, Susan

• March 12, 2015 / 8:37 pm

Well, dear Susan…I sure hope I'm not jinxing anything by saying this, but I really DO feel like "spring has sprung" here in Vancouver!! And this belt of mine has proven to be one of the most versatile that I own…it's definitely an especially "fab find" that I made at Winners (like your Marshalls) a couple of years ago!! 🙂

4. March 12, 2015 / 3:47 am

Hehe, iron? What's that?! 😉 Looking gorgeous girl, I just tried double denim last year and loved it. Your look is spot on and fabulously gorgeous. I'm on the hunt for a chambray shirt by the way! Yay!! xo

• March 12, 2015 / 10:38 pm

Good thing my hubby works from home and can wear T-shirts to the "office," dearest Veronika….otherwise we'd have one heck of a dry cleaning bill every month!! And I saw some chambray shirts like mine – but with a paisley print! – at Forever 21 recently; really cute!! XOXO

5. March 12, 2015 / 5:17 pm

You always find this incredible awesome shoes!!! Every time I look in here I want to buy new shoes!!! ;))))
    Denim on denim I have not worn yet, hat a lot of denim pants and two denim jackets but not one shirt or blouse. Today I want to buy new shoes AND a denim blouse!!! Oh my.. :)))

have a good time
    see you soon
    Dana 🙂

• March 13, 2015 / 6:26 am

I happen to think that YOU have a pretty awesome collection of shoes, too, dearest Dana!! 😀 And being able to inspire each other is such a fun part of the whole blogging experience…so I'm very much looking forward to seeing a "double denim" outfit on your blog sometime soon!! XOXO