Afterglow: Printed chiffon dress, booties, and long cardigan

I wish I could say that smiles were already coming so naturally to me…but these photos were taken before our little family – once again – experienced a loss last Wednesday.

styling a printed chiffon dress with booties and a long cardigan

My husband and I have had to say good-bye to three of our fur-babies within the past four months; and unfortunately, the grief doesn’t get any easier with “practice.”  Once more, there’ve been a lot of tears…and a lot of memories of Badger (and Griffin and Flora, too) revisited.

styling a printed chiffon dress with booties and a long cardigan

printed chiffon dress with a long cardigan and accessories

But, almost imperceptibly, the sorrow does ease.  After all, we have Wolfie to love…and we are already putting out feelers for other ferrets that are looking for a new home.

printed chiffon dress with a long cardigan and accessories

printed chiffon dress with a long cardigan and accessories

Would life be easier – and sometimes less heartbreaking – without the inclusion of four-legged family members??  It likely would be…but even in the afterglow of this sadness, I’m not yet willing to give it a try.

styling a printed chiffon dress with booties and a long cardigan

1. April 13, 2015 / 2:57 pm

I agree! Losing a fur legged friend is like losing a friend, it is hard but I would never be able to live without one. I hope you are feeling a little better today, time does heal x

Beautiful outfit I really like this dress, it isn't warm enough for dresses here yet but the weather has improved quite a bit 🙂

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• April 14, 2015 / 5:00 am

Our weather lately has been very typical for springtime in Vancouver, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha; one day it's mild and sunny – perfect for a dress like this – while the next ends up being really chilly and damp. But I know that warmer temperatures are definitely on their way…for us AND for you, too!! 😉

2. April 13, 2015 / 4:23 pm

Lives would certainly not be as blessed and adventurous without our four legged friends. Our dog is approaching 10 years old and starting to have some health issues. It's unimaginable to think about the sorrow in losing him. They are a huge part of us.
    You look very elegant in your dress today!

• April 14, 2015 / 5:14 am

A week or two spent in sadness is sooo worth all the years of love and companionship that we receive from our fur-kids, dearest Joni!! And this is my most favourite way to wear a really pretty, feminine dress…contrasted with an edgy pair of boots!! XOXO

3. April 14, 2015 / 3:43 am

Oh how sad Monika, hugs!!! You look absolutely beautiful in this outfit. Love your booties, I can say you are the queen of booties, they always look so good with your outfits. xo

• April 14, 2015 / 6:54 pm

I've owned this chiffon dress for quite a few years, dearest Elsie; I love combining it with different accessories to give it a fresh new vibe for each wear!! And these particular booties somehow seem to work especially well with skirts and dresses…it's my favourite way to style them!! P.S. Thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts. XOXO

4. April 14, 2015 / 6:31 pm

I am so sorry for your loss! It definitely does not get easier after losing your other sweeties. It always seems like such a short time that these wonderful animals are in our lives but they bring so much happiness in those short times. They are so much apart of who we are. I do hope you get more ferrets to love, even though they won't replace your newly lost ones. The new ones will make new memories to cherish!

I do love your outfit though! I just adore the way that long cardigan looks layered with your beautiful dress! Those booties are so sweet and make such a cute statement!

Rebecca

• April 15, 2015 / 7:17 pm

Thank you sooo much for your heartfelt note, dearest Rebecca…all my readers' kind words and thoughts have meant the world to me these past days. And I'm sure it won't be very long before I have some happy news to share again; ferrets (just like fashion!) are addicting!! P.S. I've said it before, but I'll say it again – this long cardigan has been the most versatile wardrobe addition I've made in quite a while!! XOXO