No frills: slouchy cargo pants and a fuzzy sweater!

Don’t you agree that sometimes “simple is best,” dear readers??

styling slouchy cargo pants with a fuzzy sweater and reptile-print pumps

I’m sure that I’m always going to love a great bohemian look – with scarves and fringes and paisley and beading.  And the sculls and studs of a rockerish outfit have been my “thing” for a long time, too.

fuzzy sweater and cognac satchel

fuzzy sweater and accessories

Still, I can’t deny the appeal of throwing a much more minimalistic ensemble into the sartorial mix every once in a while!!  My sweater and soft pants combination in neutral tones is about as “bare bones” as it gets; no statement necklace, embellished bag or attention-grabbing shoes in sight.

cargo pants and reptile-print pumps

styling slouchy cargo pants with a fuzzy sweater and reptile-print pumps

But is it boring?!  I certainly don’t think so; although now I’m anxious to hear if your favourite outfits require all the bells and whistles…or if you sometimes enjoy going the “simple” route, too!!

styling slouchy cargo pants with a fuzzy sweater and reptile-print pumps

P.S. Hip, hip, hurray…it’s “Fun Fashion Friday!!”  Come join the party and link up at Fashion Should Be Fun; I know my friend Dawn is looking forward to meeting you!!

1. April 24, 2015 / 3:31 pm

You look absolutely fantastic ! Love the fuzzy sweater . Have a lovely weekend 🙂 x

• April 29, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Thank you very much, dear Beata!! It was actually a very BUSY weekend; there always seem to be so many last-minute things to do before going on vacation, don't you agree?! Plus, I wanted to get a couple of blog posts ready for when my husband and I were "en route"…so I'm only now having a chance to reply to your little note!! XOXO

2. April 25, 2015 / 12:40 am

Thanks so much for the shout out, Monika! You're the best in the west! Yeah I totally look to tone it down sometimes and go for simple and with the cool pieces and texture, there's nothing boring about this look!
    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for linking up!

• April 29, 2015 / 4:27 pm

Fingers crossed I make it to the next link-up, dearest Dawn…getting ready for our trip has really put me "behind the 8-ball" these past few days!! I'm sitting in the hotel lobby at Toronto airport right now trying to catch up a little before we start the second leg of our trip; New Brunswick, here we come!! XOXO

3. April 25, 2015 / 5:53 am

Love this look on you Monika, my motto is if in doubt keep it simple. I always love your style!
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

• April 29, 2015 / 4:33 pm

Aww, Sue…you are such a sweetheart!! Sorry I'm a bit slow replying to your note; the next week or so is going to be "hit and miss" for me as far as finding blogging time goes, but I'm super-stoked about hanging out with my family!! XOXO

4. April 26, 2015 / 11:29 am

Simple can be so interesting. I like this look because of the perfect match of colors.
    Have a nice sunday, Ela

• April 29, 2015 / 4:39 pm

It's really nice to meet you, Ela!! I'm usually much more punctual when it comes to replying to my readers, but travelling definitely upsets the routine (including blogging!) just a little!! I DO hope you will stop by again soon…and I hope I'll have a moment to return the visit, too!! 🙂

• April 29, 2015 / 4:44 pm

This sweater totally meets my criteria for a "perfect" top, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha; a great neutral colour, some amazing texture…and my favourite V-neckline!! 😉