Rock it out: Striped skinny jeans with a peplum top and Chanel-style jacket!

Hubby and I leave a week from tomorrow for our trip to New Brunswick, dear readers…and I’m actually starting to get kind of excited!!

striped skinny jeans styled with a faux-leather peplum top and a Chanel-inspired jacket

My sister and brother-in-law have lived in the little resort town of St. Andrews for 10 years, but this will be my very first visit to the eastern edge of Canada.  We’re having a family reunion of sorts to celebrate my parents’ fiftieth Wedding Anniversary; and since my sister and her husband run their own bakery and catering business (you can check them out on the Bread Runners Bakery Facebook page!) meeting up in Toronto – where my Mom and Dad live – simply isn’t possible.  So it’s the perfect excuse for us to visit them in NB instead!!

faux-leather peplum top and accessories

Of course, any holiday wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable without a new vacation wardrobe to take along (wink wink!)…which means I’ve been keeping myself extra-busy at our local shopping mall.  The tally so far??  Two pairs of shoes, a dress, a skirt, a jumpsuit (I’ve decided to take the leap!) and a top (yes! I managed to find one that I like!!)

faux-leather peplum top and accessories

By no means will everything be coming to New Brunswick with me – the pair of strappy sandals I bought, for example, wouldn’t be practical in the snow! – but there will most definitely be some blog photo shoots happening while we’re away!!  😉

P.S. Are you familiar yet with the WabiSabi Project??  My amazingly generous friend Dana has made it a mission to introduce her readers to personal style from all around the world right on her blog “Dana Loves Fashion and Music.”  You might see a familiar face(!) or two…but you’re also guaranteed to meet someone new!!  And with your permission, she’ll gladly include you in her next edition!!  🙂

• April 21, 2015 / 3:29 am

Thanks so much, Grace…and thank you for visiting, too!! 🙂

1. April 20, 2015 / 3:52 pm

OMG that leather peplum top is AMAZING! So fab on you! Excited for you for your trip and can't wait to see pics!
    Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and have a great weekend!

• April 21, 2015 / 3:37 am

I may be fussy about tops, dearest Dawn…but every once in a while, I DO find one that feels like it was made just for me!! 😉

2. April 21, 2015 / 11:25 pm

I love your jacket and peplum top, what a chic combination!! I hope you have fun on your trip and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures 😉

Bella Pummarola

• April 22, 2015 / 2:14 pm

This little jacket has survived wardrobe purge after wardrobe purge, dearest Anett; it has some great finishing details that make it look like an "investment" piece…even though it actually wasn't very expensive at all!! 😉

3. April 22, 2015 / 5:02 am

Aw yay, your trip sounds super exciting Mon!! As does all the shopping, whoot, whoot! I'm currently doing a capsule wardrobe and have sworn off shopping for the next several months. Gulp, but so far it's a totally fun challenge! xo

• April 22, 2015 / 2:18 pm

Capsule wardrobes are a terrific idea, dearest Veronika…but laying off the shopping for MONTHS at a time?! I don't think I could do it, but I'm looking forward to reading how you handle what I'd DEFINITELY consider to be a challenge!! XOXO

• April 22, 2015 / 2:19 pm