Shag me: Fringy cardigan, skinny cargos and a floppy hat!

Did you all enjoy the Easter long weekend, dear readers??

styling skinny cargo pants with a fringy cardigan and floppy hat

My husband and I hosted a brunch for six of our friends yesterday morning; no small feat considering the diminutive size of our condo – we don’t have a dining room, so everyone sits around our coffee table in the living room – and the fact that I’m really not much of a cook!!

shaggy Free People cardigan and a floppy hat

styling skinny cargo pants with a shaggy cardigan and floppy hat

But I am able to whip up a batch of oatmeal carrot muffins (yum!)…and since this Easter Sunday breakfast has become a bit of a tradition now, I’ve learned to be reasonably accomplished at making crepes, too!! And our “go-withs” of choice – fresh fruit salad, yogurt, and pineapple mimosas – don’t require any stove time at all, of course; which means getting out of kitchen duty with a minimal amount of stress!!

skinny cargo pants and accessories

fringy Free People cardigan and floppy hat

So nothing very fancy…but “good” doesn’t have to equal “complicated,” don’t you agree??  Our guests left with big smiles and promises to join us again next year (although I think it was the takeaway boxes of chocolate Easter eggs that might have sealed the deal!!)

styling skinny cargo pants with a shaggy cardigan and floppy hat

1. April 6, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Love your shaggy jacket! And of course the pants, those are from Aritzia if I remember correctly.. 😉 I agree, it's the company that matters when entertaining. I'm not much of a cook either but I do like to offer up something that I can make well, like a good chili or soup in the fall.
    And now, on with Spring!

• April 6, 2015 / 8:02 pm

Good memory, dearest Joni…yes, I found these cargo pants on sale at Aritzia not too long ago!! And my shaggy cardi is not exactly the kind of piece that lets you go unnoticed; but who doesn't like a bit of extra attention every once in a while, am I right?! P.S. I LIVE on soup over the winter!! 🙂

• April 7, 2015 / 9:13 pm

We had a lovely afternoon, dearest V!! 🙂 I expect your own long weekend was a little chaotic – what with your move and all! – but I hope you had time to enjoy a few Easter goodies, too!! XOXO

• April 7, 2015 / 10:09 pm

My husband says my crepes get better and better every time I make them, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! XOXO

2. April 8, 2015 / 12:23 pm

I'm so in love with that fuzzy coat, Monika! You look great head to toe. I'm not much of a cook either and entertaining stresses me out, but your little get together sounds perfect!

• April 8, 2015 / 10:38 pm

In my daydreams I'm totally the Martha Stewart type, dearest Dawn…but in reality, not so much! I love the IDEA of having regular cocktail and dinner parties – and cooking up a storm – yet I find actually DOING it rather stressful, too. Maybe we just need to keep encouraging each other to step out of our comfort zones, hmmm?? XOXO