Drama queen: a corduroy mini-skirt with boots and a denim jacket

So now that I’m counting down the days until I meet my doom in the dentist’s chair – excuse me, until my tooth meets its doom – it’s occurred to me that I’ve kind of been “through the wringer” since I started my blog just a little over a year and a half ago.

styling a corduroy mini-skirt with suede boots, a denim jacket, and a beanie

I’ve lost three of my fur-kids (two of them within a week of each other); I broke my foot (during an outfit photoshoot, no less); I developed a deep vein thrombosis (a result of wearing a cast); and now I’m dealing with the aforementioned dental disaster.  It’s enough to make me think that this blog of mine is bad luck!!

Zara top, denim jacket, orange bag, floral beanie

styling a corduroy mini-skirt with suede boots, a Zara top, and a beanie

But in keeping with my believe that everything happens for a reason, I’m trying hard to look at things from a slightly different perspective…that perhaps having my blog to focus on is just the thing I’ve needed to get me through all these episodes of “Sturm und Drang.”

Zara top, orange bag, hamsa necklace, labradorite ring

styling a corduroy mini-skirt with suede boots, a denim jacket, and a beanie

I’ll be honest though, dear readers…I’m really ready for a nice looong stretch of life without the drama!!

styling a corduroy mini-skirt with suede boots, a denim jacket, and a beanie

P.S. If you’re curious about my ongoing saga – sartorial and otherwise! – I’d be so happy if you followed me on Bloglovin!!

1. May 18, 2015 / 2:38 pm

Oh I have such bad luck as well doll! Though the last few months for you were not the easiest I think you are very strong and brave to be able to go through what you had to go through. We wish you all the best luck because you deserve it x

I adore that last shot, AMAZING! Another lovely look, I love the flow of your shirt 🙂

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• May 19, 2015 / 5:20 am

I might not have been very lucky with a lot of stuff this past year and a half, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…but I AM lucky that I have such wonderful blogger friends!! Your words of encouragement and support mean the world…thank you so much!! XOXO

• May 19, 2015 / 5:29 am

Aww…what a sweet thing to say, dearest Debbie!! I'm really not feeling all that awesome right now; but with lovely – and DEFINITELY awesome! – online friends like you, I know I'll eventually get back on track!! XOXO

2. May 19, 2015 / 8:41 am

Ohhh my Monika, what a year? … Not really a good experience… but I can't see, that your blog is the reason for this… No no… Sometimes life is hard and getting older is nothing for cowards… 😉 😉 In Germany we says: "Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof". We would not know each other, if you don't write your blog…. So all will be good… :-* and I keep my fingers crossed for your date with the dentist… think of you… and wish you all the best, greetings, Conny

• May 19, 2015 / 2:30 pm

You are so right of course, dearest Conny…I wouldn't have "met" you – or become a part of this wonderful little online community – if it wasn't for my blog!! Thank you with all my heart for keeping me in your thoughts; even if we don't have the opportunity to chat as much as we used to, I am SO grateful for your support and encouragement!! XOXO P.S. I really like that German expression…it's one I haven't heard before!! 🙂

3. May 19, 2015 / 1:51 pm

Great ensemble Monika! It is a fresh look for your "fresh start" this summer : )
    I think your blog friends can be some of your biggest cheerleaders as I have already witnessed from the kind comments you have received… words of encouragement can mean the most when we have life changes.
    This quote is a good one to focus on :
    Think…of the world you carry within you. -Rainer Maria Rilke
    Take care and have a wonderful day !!
    Susan

• May 20, 2015 / 2:21 pm

I'll be honest, dear Susan…I'm having a bit of a tough time imagining that there's a "fresh start" waiting for me!! But you are very right, I DO have some wonderful cheerleaders here in the blogosphere…and that includes you!! Thank you so much for your kind note!! XO

• May 20, 2015 / 9:46 pm

I generally DO consider myself a pretty upbeat person, dear Jodie…but this latest issue with my tooth has really knocked me for a loop. It's sooo nice to have all this positive energy coming my way care of my lovely readers, though…thank you very much for visiting!! P.S. I wish I could say I knit that beanie…but it's actually a find from H&M!! 🙂