Rocky return: Skinny jeans with booties and a slouchy cardigan

Goodness…is my family ever camera shy!!  Remember how I mentioned that I might have a special guest or two for my New Brunswick photo shoots??  You know…since all of us would be together for the first time in over 10 years?!

styling faded skinny jeans with booties and a slouchy mustard cardigan

It took lots of convincing, but I finally had a volunteer; and now I’m very proud to introduce you to my canine niece “Lenny!!”  I’m sure you’ll agree that this gorgeous girl has some major star quality…despite the fact that she looks just a bit worried about her modelling debut!!

styling faded skinny jeans with booties and a slouchy mustard cardigan

styling faded skinny jeans with booties and a slouchy mustard cardigan

And speaking of worried – I’ve unfortunately come home from my wonderful vacation with a tooth issue that’s looking rather serious.  I know most of us don’t like visiting the dental office, but I’ve been known to have full-on anxiety attacks; even biting(!) my dentist on one embarrassing occasion!!

slouchy mustard cardigan and accessories

styling faded skinny jeans with booties and a slouchy mustard cardigan

My mom tells me there’s no point in panicking before I even know exactly what I’m dealing with, but that’s easier said than done; there’s already been plenty of tears…and I’m once again subsisting on a diet of Starbucks chai lattes.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Zara top and slouchy mustard cardigan

1. May 11, 2015 / 1:07 pm

Love your vacation shots! I'm in the middle of some tooth woes as well. I had a previous dentist mess up on a crown and my gum line grew in toward the tooth in order to fill the gaps. Now I have to have gum surgery and what they call a crown lengthening. What a freakin hassle! I have to have the gas stuff every time because I have so much anxiety when I go. Good luck on your issue!

• May 11, 2015 / 6:52 pm

Oh, dearest Joni…I guess we can commiserate!! My problem tooth has had a root canal twice, and now I have an abscess that makes my dentist concerned the root is cracked. My absolute WORST nightmare is losing my teeth…and that's looking like a distinct possibility in this case. I'm so distraught that I've barely eaten in three days!!

• May 11, 2015 / 6:54 pm

I agree, dear Audrey…and she coordinates perfectly with my cardi, doesn't she?! 😉

• May 13, 2015 / 6:11 am

It's really the pits, dearest Dawn!! My phobia was so nicely under control for the past few years…and now I feel like I'm right back at "square one" again!! I can hardly bear to think about what's ahead for me in that dentist's chair!! 🙁

2. May 22, 2015 / 11:25 pm

The fear is understandable. It is often rooted from past experiences with the dentists when you were young, or it could be brought by certain phobias that you got from whatever reason as you grew older. Though what matters is that we go through these processes of healing and endure all of the stuff that needed to be done, to ensure that we are relieved of further pain in the long run. Anyway, I hope you did well with that dental visit. Take care!

Benny Murray @ Dental Care Of South Jersey

• May 23, 2015 / 5:19 am

Unfortunately, my WORST dental nightmare has come true, dear Benny…I've cracked the root of one of my teeth, and it has to come out. I honestly can't bear to think about missing a part of my smile; and I'm eating so little because of the stress that I might actually starve to death before my appointment!! (Kidding…but not really!!)