Style 3-Play: Flare Jeans Look One

I can’t believe that I haven’t done a Style 3-Play since January, dear readers (where does the time go?)…but since I’m all about my brand new flare jeans right now, I thought they’d be just the piece to feature for this week!!

styling flare jeans with a cropped cardigan, cross-body bag, and statement sunglasses

I’ve been on the lookout for a pair to replace the boot-cut jeans that don’t fit me anymore; despite the fact that flares are trending in big way right now, they’d actually proven to be rather challenging to find at any of my regular shopping haunts!!

cropped cardigan, cross-body bag, and statement sunglasses

It ended up being American Eagle that came to my rescue…although I initially only saw the bleached and majorly distressed version of these “Artist” jeans, and was so disappointed that they didn’t come in a darker wash.  Then I walked around to the other side of the rack, and ta-da!!  There they were!!

cropped cardigan, cross-body bag, and statement sunglasses

styling flare jeans with a cropped cardigan, cross-body bag, and accessories

My first flares outfit has a subtle seventies feel to it…but a sleeker, more minimalist one than the boho vibe that I often go for.  Today, I wanted most of the focus to be on the jeans themselves; you’ll have to stay tuned for Look Two on Wednesday to see where I take them from here!!  😉

• May 26, 2015 / 2:26 pm

Thank you, dearest Zoe!! As the saying goes, "variety is the spice of life"…and I already know that these flares will be a valuable addition to my denim collection!! 😉

1. May 25, 2015 / 10:07 pm

A perfect pair of flares! Did you get a haircolor change? It sure looks good with the dark shade in the back underneath.
    Have a great week!

• May 26, 2015 / 2:30 pm

Nope…no new hair colour just yet, dearest Joni!! I DO have a hair appointment planned for a few days after my dental procedure; hopefully I'll feel well enough, and won't need to reschedule!! XOXO

2. May 26, 2015 / 6:45 am

They look super cute on you Monika! I haven't bought any flared jeans myself, although I have an old pair that I have to see if they still fit from years ago…haha. You styled it beautifully.

xx,
    Tania

• May 26, 2015 / 11:12 pm

Now's definitely the time to dust off those flares and get them ON, dearest Tania!! Remember to check out Look Two on Wednesday and Look Three on Friday if you need a little more inspiration!! ;D

• May 27, 2015 / 2:15 pm

Thanks, dear Sarah!! It's so nice to have you visit again!! XO

3. May 29, 2015 / 10:14 am

Yes! Love the little peek-a-boo here on this outfit Monica, and you know what I'm talking about! That little sliver from the top of the jeans to the bottom of your sweater is so sexy chic; I love it. I just posted a Style Story today all about my tips for wearing crop tops(over 40) (which are not!). Mainly I focused on just showing a little sliver however that works. You've mastered it!

Right on Chica!!

Ann from Kremb de la Kremb

• June 1, 2015 / 6:01 am

I think that showing just a hint of skin can be very appealing, dearest Ann…subtlety has its merits, am I right?! 😉 And of course I'm heading straight over to check out YOUR crop top "style story!!" XOXO