Style 3-Play: Flare Jeans Look Three

If you’ve been following along this week, then you’ve already seen my fabulous new flare jeans styled in a minimalist way for Look One…and with a bohemian spin for Look Two.  Today, I decided on an outfit with a touch of tomboy!!

styling flare jeans with an oversized plaid shirt and a striped scarf

For a girl who’s always saying she prefers a knit over a button-down, I sure reach for this oversized blue-plaid number a lot, don’t I?!  I’m even wearing it in the photo on my “about me” page!!

an oversized plaid shirt and a striped scarf

styling flare jeans with an oversized plaid shirt and a striped scarf

But the softness of the fabric – and the drapey silhouette – prevent the claustrophobic feeling I often get with shirts and blouses…plus, it’s plaid!!  That particular crush is showing no signs of cooling off anytime soon!!  😉

styling flare jeans with an oversized plaid shirt and a scarf

an oversized plaid shirt and a striped scarf

And now it’s clear that I’m in the middle of yet another sartorial love affair!!  Denim flares won’t be replacing my skinny jeans, of course…but they will be giving them some pretty serious competition!!

styling flare jeans with an oversized plaid shirt and a striped scarf

Remember, dear readers…it’s Fun Fashion Friday today!!  Why not head on over to Fashion Should Be Fun and see what it’s all about?!

1. May 29, 2015 / 1:33 pm

I've searched all your "plaid shirt" posts and can't find the brand of this one. How can I get my hands on one??

• June 1, 2015 / 6:32 am

This perfect plaid shirt was a Winners score from about a year ago, dearest Joni!! The tag says "Rebel Sugar"…it's a brand I see fairly regularly there; maybe you'd have some luck finding a similar style at Marshalls!! XOXO

• June 1, 2015 / 6:40 am

Thank you, dearest Liza…and thank you for visiting again and saying "hi!!" Little notes from my readers mean so much!! XOXO

• June 1, 2015 / 6:54 am

That striped scarf is absolutely ideal for summer, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha; the gauzy fabric adds a dash of style "flash"…without adding unwanted warmth or weight!! 🙂

2. May 31, 2015 / 9:00 pm

Love this look head to toe! And guess what? I just bought new flares this weekend! I'll be modeling them soon. Sorry I got behind on your 3 -play! Now that school is out for summer, I'll be more on top of it, Girl! Thanks so much for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday!

• June 1, 2015 / 7:09 am

Oh gosh, dearest Dawn…I've been so caught up in my dental drama that I've managed to fall behind in my blog reading as well!! But since I'm going to be off work for several days this week post-procedure, I'm really hoping I don't feel TOO miserable…and can spend some extra time visiting all my best blogging buddies!! P.S. On pins and needles to see how you style your new flares!! XOXO