Wind tossed: dotted skinnies with a slouchy tee, floral scarf, and long cardigan

Okay, dear readers, I have to ask…do any of you happen to own a time machine??  Because right now I am desperate to go back to a day when battling the wind while shooting outfit photos was my life’s biggest challenge.

styling dotted skinnies with a slouchy tee, long cardigan, booties, and floral scarf

After two dentist appointments since last Friday, and a third one with my endodontist yesterday afternoon, it’s been confirmed that I’ve cracked the root of one of my teeth.  I have no choice…it has to come out.

floral Zara scarf and House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses

To say that I’m horrified is an understatement; losing a tooth is honestly my worst nightmare coming true. There’s probably some eye-rolling going on right now – I know a lot of people won’t think it’s such a big deal – but I can hardly bear to think about what lies ahead.

dotted skinnies, slouchy tee, long cardigan, booties, and accessories

long cardigan, slouchy tee, Zara floral scarf, House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses

Once again, the smiles are going to be in rather short supply around here; but I’m as grateful as ever for the distraction of blogging…and the support of all my wonderful blogger friends.  Thank you so much for hanging out – and “hanging in” – with me.

long cardigan, Zara floral scarf, and House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses

P.S.  Speaking of blogger friends…be sure to join my bestie Dawn over at Fashion Should Be Fun for her “Fun Fashion Friday” link-up happening today!!

• May 19, 2015 / 4:20 am

That Zara scarf was one of those "love at first sight" pieces, dear Jessica…I grabbed it the instant I saw it!! And thank you so much for the invitation to your link-up; I promise to visit as soon as I can!! 🙂

1. May 16, 2015 / 12:18 pm

Awww … hon …. I lost a tooth once too. The worst part is letting the area heal before they can put in a bridge or implant. I felt like such a hillbilly walking around with a tooth missing! But if anyone can rock it, you can … who knows … you just might start a new trend. 😉 Looking cool and fabulous here, Doll! As a fellow dentist hater, I'm sending you good vibes and well wishes. Do you have a dentist you really like? I switched dentists recently and find my new one much …less … sadistic! Just a thought! 😉

• May 19, 2015 / 4:48 am

Thanks so much for thinking of me, dearest Dawn!! I'm normally quite comfortable and at ease with my dental team (periodontist and endodontist, as well as regular dentist!)…I just don't handle bad news very well!! Missing a part of my smile is going to be a HUGE hit to my self-confidence…I know I'll survive, but it's going to be a looong time before I feel like myself again. 🙁

2. May 16, 2015 / 4:20 pm

You're having dental issues too? I had a dentist put in an illfitting crown years ago and my new dentist is in the process of fixing it. But, now I must see an oral surgeon for more work because the gumline needs to be cut down in order to get a good fit. Seems the old crown had so many gaps around it that the gums grew into the gaps thus now having to be cut away.
    I hope your work is done quickly and painlessly. I feel for you. I have dental anxiety and end up getting the gas treatment just to get my heart to calm down!

• May 19, 2015 / 5:10 am

Oh no, dearest Joni…you have my sympathies, too!! It's so disheartening when you try to do everything right, and STILL end up having problems down the road. We'll have to be sure to send each other good vibes for our respective appointments!! XOXO

3. May 17, 2015 / 2:13 am

I am always afraid I would lose a tooth, so you are not the only one. It is great that you are getting it taken care of and you are gonna feel a lot better once it is all over with, good luck!

Beautiful photos, I am obsessed with that cardi 🙂

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• May 19, 2015 / 5:04 am

It truly is an outright phobia of mine, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…and I can't believe there's absolutely nothing I can do to avoid it!! I just hope that I end up with the "best case" scenario and the whole process is finished in four months…rather than an entire year!! 🙁

• May 26, 2015 / 2:16 pm

Those booties work so well with so many different looks, dear Sarah…and I love that the pewter colour is a little unexpected, too!! XO