A little lippy: sequinned t-shirt, distressed denim skirt, and a slouchy cardigan

Before I write anything else, let me make this disclaimer…all of this week’s outfit photos were taken before my oral surgery!!

styling a sequinned t-shirt with a cut-off denim skirt, cardigan, and booties

In real time, I’m still scaring myself when I look in the bathroom mirror each morning; my cheek could belong to a rodent that’s squirrelling away nuts for the winter…and now I have a rather large, neon yellow bruise on my jaw, too.  Definitely no outings to the local mall for me this past weekend!!

styling a sequinned t-shirt with a cut-off denim skirt, cardigan, and booties

sequinned lip t-shirt and accessories

But when my hubby took me shopping only a few days before my dental procedure (he knows just how to distract me from my woes!) we made the most serendipitous find!!  Seriously, how could I not bring home this sequinned t-shirt…with those spangled teeth biting that sparkly lip in abject terror?!  😉

styling a sequinned t-shirt with a cut-off denim skirt, cardigan, and booties

sequinned lip t-shirt and accessories

In case you’re wondering – yes, I wore this tee to my appointment!!  I was too groggy from my sedatives to notice if it got a reaction out of my periodontist and her team…but I’m really hoping there was a smile or two hidden behind those surgical masks!!

styling a sequinned t-shirt with a cut-off denim skirt, cardigan, and booties

1. June 8, 2015 / 1:06 pm

Love the shirt, perfect for your dental surgery. I'm sure they had a laugh while you were sleeping. You said you had a sinus lift too? Was that an oral surgery as well? Teeth are affected by sinuses aren't they? I suffer from that myself.
    Happy Healing! I wonder if you had to go to work with that lump on your face. 😉

• June 9, 2015 / 8:12 pm

A sinus lift is most definitely a dental surgery, dearest Joni!! I'll spare you the gruesome details (you can search online if you really want to know!) but it needed to be done so that I will have room for an implant down the road. P.S. Yes, I'm back at work…even with my chipmunk cheek (thankfully it's no longer QUITE as noticeable, though!!) XOXO

• June 9, 2015 / 8:21 pm

My husband's also a big fan of this t-shirt, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…he's the one who encouraged me to buy it!! 😉 And I have my fingers crossed that I'll feel (close to) normal again very soon…it's been over a week since my surgery, and I'm honestly surprised by how uncomfortable I still feel!! 🙁

• June 9, 2015 / 8:39 pm

Unfortunately it still hurts to smile, dearest Tania…but at least the swelling has come down somewhat!! And I really must remember to ask the dental office if they enjoyed my sequinned "statement" when I go there for my follow-up later this week!! 😉

2. June 9, 2015 / 4:22 am

Aw, hang in there love!! And I must say that t-shirt is SO fab, and haha, love that you wore it to your appointment. Hope your hubby is taking the best care of you and wishing you the speediest recovery. Big hugs! V

• June 9, 2015 / 9:50 pm

If this past week is any indication, it's going to be a looong nine months or so before I really feel like myself again, dearest Veronika!! But I know the discomfort WILL eventually improve; I've already got all the "get well soon" vibes that I could ever ask for being sent my way…I just need to have some patience, too!! XOXO

• June 9, 2015 / 10:24 pm

Thank you so much, dearest Debbie!! That t-shirt pretty much says it all even AFTER my dental surgery!! 😉

3. June 9, 2015 / 5:16 pm

So sorry to hear about your dental surgery. I seriously hate going to the dentist! But you could have not worn anything more fabulous there then this t-shirt! Seriously such a great find! I am sure they were impressed at your appointment! I would have been! Your whole outfit is so cute and beautifully layered. I hope you recover soon!

Rebecca

• June 9, 2015 / 10:29 pm

I'm fine with going to the dentist as long as there are no problems, dearest Rebecca; otherwise, all bets are off!! Glad you like my sequinned tee as much as I do…I kind of feel like it should be my uniform right now, ha ha!! XOXO

• June 22, 2015 / 4:43 am

According to the periodontist my mouth is healing very well, dearest Dawn!! Of course, I won't REALLY feel like myself until I get the implant, but my fear that I'd look like a hillbilly for the next nine months wasn't necessary; my mom was right…you really don't notice the missing tooth that much!! 🙂