It factor: button-front denim skirt with a striped tee and floppy hat

I’m sure you’ll agree that one of the most fun things about evolving your personal style (aside from shopping, of course!) is being inspired by all the many fabulous fellow fashionistas out there!!

styling a button-front A-line mini skirt with a striped t-shirt and floppy hat

Last week, for example, I was totally into creating a flirty dress-over-pants outfit like layering pro Catherine of Not Dressed as Lamb…while today, I’m definitely giving a nod to the sixties-influenced aesthetic of “it” girl Alexa Chung!!

styling a striped scoop-necked t-shirt and floppy hat

styling a button-front A-line mini skirt with a striped t-shirt and floppy hat

This button-front denim mini (from Zara) is a new silhouette for me; since I needed to replace a number of skirts that were too big for me, I decided to experiment a little and go for something with retro appeal. And – hurray! – I managed to find another top that I like; I think the major “scoop” of this maroon-and-white striped tee (American Eagle Outfitters) is way more flattering than the average crew-neck!!

styling a button-front A-line mini skirt with a striped t-shirt

styling a button-front A-line mini skirt with a striped t-shirt

Have you been influenced by someone else’s outfit combinations recently, dear readers??  I’d love to hear what styling ideas you’ve recreated for your own sartorial enjoyment!!  😉

styling a button-front A-line mini skirt with a striped t-shirt and floppy hat

1. June 22, 2015 / 2:53 pm

Adorable! Love this cool 60's vibe on you! I would love an A line denim skirt …like this but a bit longer to cover my wrinkly knees! 😉 And you inspire me all the time!

• June 24, 2015 / 5:58 am

Happy to oblige, dearest Dawn!! ;D Of course, the inspiration works both ways…I always look SO forward to visiting your blog and seeing your newest outfit combos!! XOXO

2. June 22, 2015 / 5:06 pm

I always get inspired! Mostly over the color combos because some I wouldn't even think of pairing together but it looks amazing!

I love this stripe shirt, I love the scooped back 🙂 Adore that skirt as well, you look stunning!

Florals&Smiles

• June 24, 2015 / 5:46 pm

You ladies always say the sweetest things…thank you!! 🙂 And I know exactly what you mean about discovering great new colour combinations; I might not wear a lot of colour myself, but I always admire the way it can be used to create some really eye-popping outfits!! XOXO

3. June 23, 2015 / 1:04 pm

Wow I love this pairing, that stripe shirt is so lovely. I love stripe clothing 🙂 Your shoes are also the cutest!
    I am not much a fashion person so one I see anything really I get inspired I don't really think outside the box with fashion, I am a leggings and shirt kind of girl haha 🙂

RedLip&Love

• June 24, 2015 / 6:01 pm

Nice to "meet" you, Tash…thanks so much for visiting!! Believe it or not, I bought these shoes while I was still in a cast after breaking my foot last year; I took a bit of a risk – considering I couldn't try them both on! – but they've been a terrific investment!! 🙂

• June 24, 2015 / 6:08 pm

I love my booties, dearest Debbie – even in the summer! – but sometimes it's nice to feel the breeze on my toes!! And these shoes are the perfect compromise!! 🙂

4. June 23, 2015 / 8:51 pm

You look fab-loving the stripes with the denim skirt:)

• June 24, 2015 / 6:20 pm

Thank you very much, dear Anne…and thank you so much for visiting and leaving a little note, too!! XO