Slacker: slouchy cargo pants, sleeveless peasant top, and a red box bag!

I’m pretty sure we all know this fashion rule by now…slouchy or oversized tops should be worn with a fitted bottom, while a body-con top needs to be balanced with something looser on the lower half.

styling slouchy cargo pants with a peasant-style tank top and a red box bag

But rules are meant to be broken, right?!  Proportions can be really fun to play with, and – especially when summer temperatures soar! – it’s wonderfully appealing to put on pieces that are nice and breezy from head to toe!!

styling slouchy cargo pants with a peasant-style tank top and a red box bag

a peasant-style tank top and accessories

But adding some structure to an ΓΌber-relaxed look certainly doesn’t hurt…a bit of contrast is often what makes an outfit particularly interesting!!  And since my adorable Elvis & Kresse box bag hadn’t been “out on the town” for a while, I knew it was the ideal choice to go with my patterned peasant-style tank and soft cargo pants.

styling slouchy cargo pants with a peasant-style tank top and a red box bag

styling slouchy cargo pants with a peasant-style tank top and a red box bag

Vancouver’s weather forecast is predicting a heat wave for this coming weekend…and I’m considering my slouch-tastic combination the perfect dress rehearsal!!  πŸ˜‰

styling slouchy cargo pants with a peasant-style tank top and a red box bag

1. June 24, 2015 / 1:16 pm

Nice casual outfit Monika dear. I also wanted you to know that I nominated you for a Liebster award. xo

• June 24, 2015 / 6:25 pm

Thank you twice over, dearest Elsie…both for the compliment AND for the Liebster Award nomination!! XOXO

2. June 24, 2015 / 2:10 pm

You totally pull off this proportion, Monika! Not sure everyone can, but you look fab. And I can see you've totally mastered the half tuck! That necklace is super cool too.

• June 24, 2015 / 7:37 pm

Oh yes…I'm a MAJOR fan of the half tuck, dearest Dawn!! It shows off your waistline just enough, while still feeling perfectly casual…and with the added bonus of providing a bit of a "cool girl" vibe!! ;D

3. June 24, 2015 / 3:18 pm

Beautiful! I love wear both a baggy shirt and pant together as well! I think both pieces look and work very well together and I adore the tank top print πŸ™‚

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• June 24, 2015 / 8:50 pm

Glad you like it, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! I think that showing a bit of skin keeps a slouchy outfit like this from feeling too overwhelming…and adding some pretty finishing details certainly doesn't hurt either!! XOXO

4. June 24, 2015 / 7:10 pm

I love baggy clothing and I often wear them together as well, I say if you like it wear it πŸ™‚ Have a great day!

RedLip&Love

• June 29, 2015 / 3:54 am

Rules, shmules…right, dear Tash?! A fashion "no no" today can easily become a resounding "yes!" tomorrow; and personal style should always be about experimenting and having fun!! πŸ™‚

5. June 25, 2015 / 4:32 am

What a cute summer outfit. I bet you can hardly feel that top while wearing it. I love shirts like that.

• June 29, 2015 / 3:57 am

Yes ma'am!! This strappy tank top is as airy as it gets, dearest Joni!! XOXO

• June 29, 2015 / 4:01 am

Thank you so much, dearest Liza!! As it turns out, the weather prediction for a heat wave here in Vancouver came true…so I'll probably be living in an outfit like this for at LEAST the next week or so!! πŸ™‚