Snake charmer: printed blouse with a faux-leather miniskirt and concho belt

The day is upon me, dear readers; I have my appointment with the (tooth) executioner tomorrow…and I can barely focus on anything else.

styling a faux-leather miniskirt with a snake-print blouse and concho belt

Not that I haven’t been trying to keep myself as distracted as possible with a couple of extra shopping excursions and lots and lots of Starbucks, but I’m not kidding when I say that I’ve been far from a happy girl lately…the fact that I’m smiling at all in these pictures is a testament to my hubby’s talent!!

styling a faux-leather miniskirt with a snake-print blouse and concho belt

Since I’m expecting to be very sore and swollen for a number of days following my dental surgery (in addition to the extraction, I’m scheduled for a bone graft and something called a “sinus lift”) I’ve also been busy getting some extra outfit photo-shoots squeezed into the past couple of weeks.  I doubt that I’ll be feeling too much like modelling after the periodontist is finished with me!!

styling a faux-leather miniskirt with a snake-print blouse and concho belt

snake-print blouse, concho belt, and pebbled leather clutch

Including my healing time and the implant surgery that’s still to come, it’s going to be a looong nine months before I get my smile back to normal.  Thank goodness I have all of you making sure that my wardrobe game – at least! – stays on track!!

styling a faux-leather miniskirt with a snake-print blouse and concho belt

1. June 1, 2015 / 3:58 pm

Monika…As a retired dentist, let me say a good ice pack should be your friend for the next couple of days. And as a believer in positive thinking, remember to breathe and think good thoughts before, during and after!!! And as a fashion blogger, you look fantastic!! jodie

• June 2, 2015 / 5:40 am

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom, dear Jodie…as a former dentist, you obviously know exactly what I'm going through right now!! If only my problem would be totally "fixed" after tomorrow; it's actually the "toothless" interim that has me the most stressed-out!! XO

2. June 1, 2015 / 5:00 pm

You sound as neurotic as me! No wonder we get along so well! Hope all goes smoothly, Dear! You look FAB!!

• June 2, 2015 / 6:13 am

"Basket case" is more like it, dearest Dawn…I am sooo not good at dealing with this kind of stuff!! It definitely helps to know you're thinking of me, though; I'll take all the positive energy I can get right now!! XOXO

3. June 1, 2015 / 7:43 pm

Looking great as always Monika, just love the shirt. Wishing you a speedy recovery
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

• June 2, 2015 / 6:27 am

Thank you very much for your good wishes, dearest Sue…but unfortunately, tomorrow is only the beginning of a rather long process; it's going to be almost a year before my smile is back to normal again!! Not exactly "speedy," I'm afraid!! XOXO

• June 4, 2015 / 8:21 pm

Thank you so much for your little note, dear Christin!! I don't do "follow for follow"…but I am very happy to visit your blog and say "Hi!!" 🙂

4. June 2, 2015 / 7:21 pm

I hope all goes well with the surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care. xx

• June 4, 2015 / 8:31 pm

I'll already be very glad when all the swelling goes down, dearest Lotty…it's rather challenging to ANYTHING with an icepack pressed to my face!! Thank you for thinking of me!! XOXO

5. June 3, 2015 / 11:33 am

Very beautiful!

• June 9, 2015 / 2:24 pm

Thank you so much Mariya…and thank you for taking the time to say "hi!!"