Style 3-Play: White Jeans Look One

As a girl who love her jeans, I’m always open to “upgrading” my collection with some dynamite new denim…but what’s quite challenging to find – in my humble opinion! – is a flattering pair of white jeans!!

styling white jeans with a striped henley top, booties, and a fedora

Unless you happen to be blessed with legs like a runway model, there is an awful lot of white denim out there that’s definitely not right.  Three caveats to help a mere mortal avoid “sausage-casing syndrome??” Fabric that’s too lightweight or too stretchy, or any style that’s super skinny…which immediately rules out the vast majority of available options!!

styling white jeans with a striped henley top, booties, and a fedora

striped henley top, fedora, and accessories

It took some patience, but I found my own little bit of white denim heaven at Winners last week!!  These Seven jeans have minimal stretch (only two percent) and are slim-fitting without looking second-skin tight; and as a bonus, the front pockets are faux…which means there’s none of that “show through” that always irks me so much with white pants!!

white jeans with a striped henley top, fedora, and accessories

styling white jeans with a striped henley top and a fedora

Since summer somehow doesn’t feel like summer if it doesn’t include a perfect pair of white jeans, I’ve got two more outfit combinations this week for your style inspiration, dear readers…be sure to come back on Wednesday for Look Two!!  😉

styling white jeans with a striped henley top, booties, and a fedora

• June 15, 2015 / 8:18 pm

Now that the sutures have come out – and I'm realizing that my missing tooth isn't QUITE as visible as I had feared! – I'm definitely feeling better, dearest Debbie!! It's hard not to be a bit self-conscious, though…so I've been indulging in some liberal use of "retail therapy" to compensate!! 😉

• June 16, 2015 / 9:03 pm

I agree, dear Jodie…white jeans and summer go together like apple pie and ice cream!! 😉

1. June 16, 2015 / 12:40 pm

Very cute jeans! I got rid of mine this year because I just didn't like the fit. Now I have a hole in my wardrobe. 😉

• June 16, 2015 / 8:59 pm

I know exactly what you mean, dearest Joni!! These new white jeans were a "mandatory" replacement for my previous white pair…which were too big for me now. A denim wardrobe just doesn't feel complete without them, does it?! 😉

2. June 18, 2015 / 1:19 pm

Oooh, this look is summer perfection!! And it's making me realize… I MUST have some white denim in my life. These jeans are absolutely perfection! You're looking gorgeous Monika! xo

• June 18, 2015 / 5:26 pm

Summer just doesn't feel like summer without a great-fitting pair of white jeans…am I right, dearest V?! And I'm totally confident that you'll find your own perfect pair; it won't be NEARLY as much of a challenge for a long-limbed lady like you!! 😉

• June 22, 2015 / 5:02 am

I think I hit the white jeans "jackpot" with these, dearest Dawn!! Now I just need to decide if I want to keep cuffing the bottoms…or if I'll take my scissors to the hems for a DIY raw edge!! 😉