Style 3-Play: White Jeans Look Two

How do you give the sweetest little white dress a touch of edge??  By layering it over jeans, of course!!

styling a white dress over white skinny jeans, with black pumps and a statement necklace

I’ve long admired the finesse with which my blogger friend Catherine of “Not Dressed As Lamb” puts together this particular combination; in fact – after revisiting her yachting and Valentine’s Day outfits – I’d have to say that she’s quite the pants-worn-under-a-dress expert!!

My own ensemble came about as a (very happy!) accident; I had a number of tops plus this dress with me in the Forever 21 changing room recently, and rather than yanking off my white jeans right away, I opted to quickly try on the dress over them…and it was instant love!!

a white sundress with a statement necklace

styling a white dress over white skinny jeans, with black pumps and accessories

The frock’s retro-inspired cuteness will make a statement on its own, too; but today was all about sharing this unexpected layering success story…and my second white jeans look of the week!!  Please be sure to stay tuned for Look Three; it’s coming on Friday!!  🙂

1. June 17, 2015 / 1:07 pm

Oh what a wonderful look! I do love the edgy feel and all the white! This dress is stunning and I love the collar on it. The added necklace is a great touch! I just adore coming and seeing what you wear you always have the best clothes/pairings 🙂

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• June 17, 2015 / 9:00 pm

Shirt collars are not usually my thing, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha – as you know by now, I'm much more of a "knits and jersey" girl! – but that little white dress was quite simply too adorable to resist!! And styling versatility like this definitely makes it a winner in my books!! 😀

2. June 17, 2015 / 2:59 pm

The perfect accessories here! When I come to your blog I am often reminded that in order to develop a great style we really have to know ourselves. It really shows in your photos. 😉

• June 17, 2015 / 9:57 pm

A good black-and-white combo never seems to lose its appeal…don't you agree, dearest Joni?! And I think that "finding" ourselves and finding our style kind of go hand in hand; each can help us figure out the other!! XOXO

3. June 18, 2015 / 6:27 am

Brilliant Monika, love this look so much.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

• June 18, 2015 / 6:42 pm

This is one of those outfits that actually had me feeling a little giddy, dearest Sue; I just adore how it turned out…and I'm really happy that you do, too!! XOXO

4. June 18, 2015 / 10:58 am

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod this is BEYOND stunning, Monika!!!! There was no need to credit me for anything, you've taken this idea and knocked it out of the park!

I want to look like *this* all summer, please. That's basically all I have to say…!!!

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x

• June 18, 2015 / 7:29 pm

I'm looking forward to wearing this summery dress on its own, too, dearest Catherine…but I'm positively ECSTATIC how well it works over my white jeans!! 😀 And of course I'm thrilled that I did you proud (even if you don't want to accept any credit!!) XOXO

5. June 18, 2015 / 1:16 pm

Happy accident indeed, this look is SO gorgeous. I love wearing dresses with jeans or leggings. And I love that your paired this look with black accessories — so pretty!! xo

• June 18, 2015 / 7:36 pm

Oh yes…you totally rock the dress-with-leggings look, dearest Veronika!! And now that I've seen how well it can work for me, I'm sure it will become MY newest go-to combination as well!! XOXO

6. June 21, 2015 / 4:06 am

So lovely!! I adore wearing tunic dresses over pants, makes one look so utterly slimming 🙂

• June 22, 2015 / 5:13 am

Thank you very much, dear Sheela…and thank you for visiting, too!! 🙂

• June 22, 2015 / 5:15 am

I'm sooo happy with how this outfit turned out, dearest Dawn…and it makes me even happier that you love it, too!! XOXO