TGIF: a black-and-white slipdress with a scarf and chunky booties

Ever had one of those weeks that you thought would never end, dear readers??  Well, it’s been that kind of week for me!!

styling a black-and-white plaid slip dress with a scarf and chunky booties

Double-booked appointments, emergency transfers, “mystery” symptoms…they’re all very regular challenges at an animal hospital; but these past few days were so busy that I didn’t even have fifteen minutes for a chai latte break!!  Then there was a midnight run to the airport on Tuesday to pick up my hubby from his business trip to Miami…and to top it off, we have a sick ferret on our hands.  Again.  🙁

styling a black-and-white plaid slip dress with a scarf and chunky booties

styling a black-and-white plaid slip dress with a hand-woven scarf

Boy, do I ever feel like I’ve been working off some bad karma lately!!  But sometimes, getting a little “dolled up” – even if it’s only to grab that Starbucks that I’ve been jonesing for! – can be the perfect mini escape from all the ups and downs of the day…or week!!

styling a black-and-white plaid slip dress with a hand-woven scarf

styling a black-and-white plaid slip dress with chunky booties and a satchel

When you wear scrubs on the job, a bit of glamour can do wonders for lifting flagging spirits; that, and knowing the weekend is just around the corner!!

styling a black-and-white plaid slip dress with a scarf and chunky booties

P.S. The Fun Fashion Friday link-up happening at Fashion Should Be Fun is a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the week, too; make sure you stop by for a visit!!

1. June 26, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Monika, I love your style, and that lovely skin sets it all off : ) .

• June 29, 2015 / 4:03 am

Thank you, "unknown" blogger friend…and thank you so much for the visit!!

• June 29, 2015 / 4:11 am

"Wolfie" is an older ferret who already had some health issues when we adopted him in February, dearest Debbie…and now it looks like things have become more serious. But we haven't given up yet; please keep us in your thoughts!! XOXO

• June 29, 2015 / 4:17 am

I wish I could say that I knitted that scarf, dearest Jodie; unfortunately, it's a skill I never learned (despite my Mom's best efforts!!) My sister sent it to me a couple of years ago for my birthday…she has great taste, doesn't she?! 🙂

2. June 26, 2015 / 11:49 pm

Monika, you look so glamorous and fabulous! So sexy, my dear! Sorry to hear about your crazy week. At least you LOOK like you've been lounging around all week relaxing! 😀
    Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and have a great weekend!

• June 29, 2015 / 4:22 am

One of these days, the stress and sleeplessness is bound to catch up with me, dearest Dawn; thank goodness for weekends…at least I always have a couple of days to count on for some R and R!! XOXO

3. June 26, 2015 / 11:49 pm

PS. Hope you fur baby feels better soon. <3

• June 29, 2015 / 4:27 am

Oh my gosh, so do I…after losing three ferrets since just before Christmas, we've certainly had enough sadness around here these past six months. 🙁

• July 6, 2015 / 5:12 am

Who doesn't love a pretty slip dress…right, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha?! Especially if it's plaid!! 😉 P.S. It's been a week and a half, but Wolfie finally seems to be on the mend; thank you so much for thinking of him!! XOXO