Denim days: flare jeans, graphic tank top, and sleeveless linen coat

Even though I’ve been absolutely basking in Vancouver’s recent heatwave, I will admit to “jonesing” for my jeans just a little…so now that our temperatures have dropped back down to a more moderate level, of course my flared denims were the first thing I reached for!!

styling flare jeans with a graphic tank top and a Zara sleeveless linen coat

And I’m back to some layering, too!!  While dressing for very hot weather is all about minimalism – after all, the fewer items you have on, the cooler you feel! – an extra piece added to an ensemble (like this sleeveless linen waistcoat I found at Zara) almost magically manages to make any outfit suddenly more interesting!!

flare jeans, Zara sleeveless linen coat, Fossil bag

graphic tank top, Zara sleeveless linen coat, and Fossil bag

The unexpected pairing of my “Canada” tank top with a double length of pearls and rhinestones definitely creates some interest, too; and this zebra-stripe-embellished Fossil bag adds a fun pop of animal print to finish things off!!

graphic tank top, Zara sleeveless linen coat, and Fossil bag

styling flare jeans with a graphic tank top and a Zara sleeveless linen coat

Summer will always be my favourite season, but I’m happy to have an occasional cooler day or two mixed in with all that warmth…if only to keep my sartorial senses sharp!!  😉

styling flare jeans with a graphic tank top and a Zara sleeveless linen coat

1. Anonymous
    July 13, 2015 / 10:59 pm

Hi! I am a newcomer to your blog, but I have to say I really love it! I too am a fan of the boho/ rocker look and you do it so well! Truly an inspiration! Your shoes, boots and purses are fantastic too!

• July 22, 2015 / 5:08 am

Thank you SO much for visiting…and for the lovely compliments, too!! I'm very sorry it's taken me this long to reply to your note; I've had some ups and downs in my life recently that are really putting my time management skills to the test!! 😉

• July 22, 2015 / 5:14 am

Glad you like it, dearest Jodie!! It's been super warm here in Vancouver again recently…but I know this sleeveless coat of mine will see another outfit combination very soon!! XOXO

2. July 14, 2015 / 11:08 pm

Love this look! What an interesting combination! One thing I love about your blog, Monika, is that you put things together so well, things that I wouldn't think to put together. Another home run!

• July 22, 2015 / 5:20 am

Thank you, darling Dawn!! I really love the way this combo turned out, too!! 🙂

• July 22, 2015 / 5:23 am

My husband would totally agree with you regarding heatwaves, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha; but I think they're part of what makes summer…summer!! 😉