Giddy-up: a cut-off denim skirt with a peasant tank, open-toe booties, and a cowboy hat

Not everyone may agree with me on this…but I think there’s nothing quite like a cowboy hat to add some extra “giddy-up-and-go” to a casual summer outfit!!  😉

styling a peasant-style patterned camisole with a denim skirt, open-toe booties, and a cowboy hat

Hats like these were originally created to protect the faces and necks of wild west ranchers from endless days spent under a blazing sun…so together with my cut-off denim skirt and peasant-inspired camisole, mine made the ideal choice for beating our seemingly endless Vancouver heatwave!!

peasant-style patterned camisole

If I’d finished this look with sandals and a woven tote, I would have been all set to spend a lazy day at the beach…but since a slew of errands was on the agenda instead, I opted to give things more of an urban spin by wearing a pair of open-toed booties and my zebra-embellished satchel.

peasant-style patterned camisole and cowboy hat

peasant-style patterned camisole with a denim skirt, open-toe booties, and a zebra-stripe-embellished bag

So now, of course, I simply have to ask…are you a fan of cowboy hats – and my eclectic combo! – dear readers??  Be sure to leave me a note and let me know!!

(And remember to hop over to Fashion Should Be Fun to join the “Fun Fashion Friday” link-up, as well!!)

1. July 24, 2015 / 2:07 pm

Love this, Monika! You have the best eye for putting interesting details together. I don't have a cowboy hat, but I always thought it looked super cute with a floral dress or even a bikini on the beach. You take that up a fashion notch for sure! Don't forget to stop by Fun Fashion Friday. It's never as fun without you. <3

• August 4, 2015 / 7:06 am

Cowboy hats are the perfect complement to so many summery outfits, dearest Dawn…you should definitely consider adding one to your arsenal!! 😉

2. July 24, 2015 / 3:12 pm

Monika, my favorite part about your outfit is that it's not overdone . . . showing respect for cowgirl style without looking like you're trying to be mistaken for one : ) .

• August 4, 2015 / 7:12 am

Thank you!! I actually own a pair of cowboy (cowgirl?) boots, too; but I think the only time I'd wear them together with the hat would be for a rodeo…or maybe a music festival!! 😉

3. July 24, 2015 / 7:16 pm

Of course we Denverites love cowboy hats!! I have one of my fathers in my closet; however, I rarely wear it (it is slightly big). I also have his cowboy boots!! Cute look!! jodie

• August 4, 2015 / 7:14 am

Thanks, dearest Jodie!! I have the opposite problem with many hats…they're often too small for me!! (Does that mean that I have a "big head?!")

4. July 25, 2015 / 8:38 pm

I can not pull off a cowboy hat but you sure can! I love the cowboy feel to this look, that tank top is super lovely I really like the print 🙂
    Hope all is well x

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• August 4, 2015 / 7:20 am

I think you just haven't found the right cowboy hat yet, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! If you like the look, then keep up the search…I'll bet there's one out there that's got your name on it!! XOXO