Hurry up and wait: patterned wrap dress, grandpa cardigan, and stack-heeled boots

I have a feeling that these next eight weeks – until we move into our brand new home! – will simultaneously seem like they’re passing incredibly quickly…and like they’re dragging on forever!!

styling a red-patterned wrap dress with a grandpa cardigan and stack-heeled suede boots

Everything from budget to floor plan is on the agenda right now; and our growing list of “to-do’s” is more than just a little daunting.  Thank goodness we have a long weekend coming up; fingers crossed that my hubby and I can focus our concentration long enough to get a head-start on some serious purging and packing!!

red-patterned wrap dress, stack-heeled suede boots, and Michael Kors bag

And isn’t that typically the problem when it comes to moving??  Let’s face it – shopping for cute home accessories and designing the perfect walk-in closet is waaay more fun than stuffing your life into dozens of cardboard boxes!!

red-patterned wrap dress, grandpa cardigan,  and accessories

red-patterned wrap dress and grandpa cardigan

But I’ve got this vision firmly fixed in my head – I’m totally relaxed and settled in our airy, light-filled new living room…sipping tea and blogging to my heart’s content.  Let’s hope it gets me through all the stressful moments that are sure to lie ahead!!

1. July 29, 2015 / 5:18 pm

Monika, I hope your move goes smoothly. And that you have help! The only negative about having help is that when that person moves to a new place, well . . . I'm obligated, and rightly so! P.S. You have the most gorgeous skin : )

• August 4, 2015 / 5:17 am

There's no doubt about it…whether you're moving yourself or helping a friend, moving is absolutely the pits!! While my husband is working on calling in some favours, I'm trying very hard to focus on the end result…living in our dream home!! Yippee!! 😀

2. July 29, 2015 / 7:06 pm

Buying things for your house is the best part isn't it? I hope we get to see a little glimpse when you move it I bet it is stunning!

Wow I think this is my newest fave look from you, the location & outfit is perfect!

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• August 4, 2015 / 5:38 am

I promise to share photos of our place once we're properly settled in, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha; it still seems very far off right now, but I know the time is going to FLY by!! And yes – when it comes to shopping, my focus has TOTALLY shifted from finding fashions for myself…to seeking out stylish accessories for our new home!! So fun!! P.S. This graphic wrap dress squeezed in just under the shopping wire…the colour and pattern are pretty awesome, aren't they?! XOXO

3. July 29, 2015 / 11:20 pm

Funny…we're going through the same thing…moving and we get to do it twice (lucky us). I don't mind the purging (somewhat) but the bruises and cuts aren't good for modeling…ha ha!! jodie

• August 4, 2015 / 5:55 am

Oh no, dearest Jodie…you're moving TWICE?! I'm feeling rather overwhelmed with the challenge of managing my job, my blog, and all the planning and packing that's still ahead of us; I can't even IMAGINE what you must be going through right now!! You have my sympathies…and my very best wishes!! XOXO

4. July 30, 2015 / 12:37 am

My apologies for not visiting more often. I've lost interest in blogging for myself via my own blog. But sitting here tonight combing through the blogs I love and I just have to say…..you have the most perfect wardrobe I've been keeping my eye on since about 2011. And I've viewed tons! You have a great balance of non-commercial predictability, tasteful boho, and unique on top of all that!

• August 4, 2015 / 6:32 am

Dearest Joni…oh my goodness, that is one of the nicest compliments I could EVER hope to receive!! Thank you sooo much!! And thank you for being such a wonderfully supportive reader and blogger friend; I've been feeling like such a slacker recently because – with the extra challenges of our upcoming move – I simply can't manage my own blog while simultaneously keeping up my visits to other blogs, too!! P.S. If blogging has stopped being fun for you, then by all means take a break…but I'm very much hoping that you'll continue to stay in touch!! XOXO

5. July 30, 2015 / 12:37 am

Oh, and congrats on your dream home! I"m waiting another 7 years before I move. 😉

• August 4, 2015 / 6:38 am

If you'd asked me only a month ago, I would have laughed hysterically at the idea that we'd be moving by the end of September!! Never say never, Joni!! ;D