Rock and roller: a white linen shirt, blue denim skinnies, and sherpa bag

Life is sometimes a real carnival ride…isn’t it, dear readers??

styling a white shirt with blue denim skinnies, open-toe mules, and a furry bag!

Despite the smiles in these photos, the last couple of days have had as many ups and downs as a roller coaster; and trust me…I’m not the kind of girl that thinks roller coaster rides are particularly fun.

Aritzia white linen shirt and layered pearl and rhinestone necklaces

a white shirt, blue denim skinnies, and a furry bag

After showing all signs of recovering from his mystery illness, our ferret Wolfie is once again gravely ill. And just to make things even more stomach-churning, it continues to be insanely busy at work (no lunch breaks to catch up with blogging!) and my husband and I were unexpectedly presented with a possible new “project” last weekend – sorry, no details are being released at this time! – so there have been plenty of looong days and sleepless nights.

Aritzia white linen shirt and layered pearl and rhinestone necklaces

I’m not surprised if you’ve been feeling a little neglected lately, since I’m finding it challenging right now to eke out some time to reply to all your lovely notes…never mind keeping up with my blog reading list!! But please be assured that your visits and comments are as appreciated as always.  And I’ll get back on a more level track as soon as I possibly can – I promise!!

1. July 15, 2015 / 5:26 pm

Oh no, poor Wolfie, Keep us posted, Dear. Life gets crazy sometimes and we all understand that. Blogging can wait! You look fabulous though! Those necklaces ….! Where are they from, Hon?!
    Sending love to Wolfie (and you!)

• July 22, 2015 / 5:33 am

Don't the necklaces look fabulous layered together, dearest Dawn?! The long, pearl and crystal-beaded one is from Stella & Dot…and the shorter one is a piece I've owned for years; it's from Guess, if I remember correctly!! XOXO

2. July 15, 2015 / 7:21 pm

Oh Monika my heart aches for you, I hope poor Wolfie feels better super soon it must be heartbreaking seeing him like this when you can't do much to help. Sending well wishes his way xx

Life can be crazy at times and I hope you and your husband can get through it without going insane, I know how it feels!
    What a lovely outfit I really like that necklace 🙂

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• July 22, 2015 / 5:36 am

A big thank you to BOTH of you, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha, for always being such wonderful cheerleaders!! I truly have the best readers in the entire blogosphere!! XOXO

• July 22, 2015 / 5:41 am

Smiles and tears have been seeing equal time around here lately, dearest Jodie…but I'm doing my best!! XOXO

3. July 17, 2015 / 1:58 am

Fingers crossed for Wolfie, it's horrid when our fur bears are poorly. Love you look Monika, I'm a white shirt fan, and yours looks amazing with your gorgeous necklace.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

• July 22, 2015 / 5:49 am

I've always loved white shirt combinations on OTHER girls, dearest Susan…but until quite recently, I've rarely felt really comfortable wearing one myself. I'm betting this will be the start of "practice makes perfect!!" ;D