Sleepwalking: Flare jeans and a denim shift dress

Thank goodness for weekends – especially long ones! – because I am desperate to catch up on a little sleep over the next three days!!

styling a denim shift dress with flare jeans

I’m totally convinced that the only thing keeping me going right now is this non-stop adrenalin rush over our impending move; but of course that’s a double-edged sword, since it’s also what’s been keeping me up much too late…night…after night…after night!!

styling a denim shift dress with flare jeans

a denim shift dress and accessories

Even though I’ve barely set foot inside a clothing store for weeks now (hard to believe, but true!) my hubby and I went furniture shopping at Ikea after work today for his new office space; a little premature, perhaps…but we would have been silly not to take advantage of their sale, am I right??  😉

a denim shift dress, flare jeans, and accessories

Despite finding myself with a severe shortage of blogging time, I’m still determined to maintain my regular outfit post schedule; after all, I have to get dressed…no matter what!!  And I hope that you’ll stick with me and keep visiting, dear readers…even if our relationship is currently a little one-sided!!

styling a denim shift dress with flare jeans

P.S.  Remember!!  There’s style inspiration – and fashion fun galore! – happening at my friend Dawn’s Fun Fashion Friday linkup!!

1. July 31, 2015 / 3:46 pm

What a great look! I love the denim on denim, and your jewelry is amazing!

• August 4, 2015 / 2:50 am

Thanks very much for visiting, Amy…it's really lovely to "meet" you!! I fell in love with this denim-on-denim combination when I tried the shift dress over my jeans in the changing room…so of course I couldn't say no to bringing it home!! As for my jewellery?? The necklace is Stella & Dot, while the blingy bracelet was a Christmas gift from my mom a couple of years ago!! 🙂

2. July 31, 2015 / 8:30 pm

Flare jeans are flattering on you, and you sure know how to accessorize them. Can you tell us where to purchase both the shift and flare jeans? Thanks Monika!

• August 4, 2015 / 3:09 am

How can you go wrong with the almost magical, leg-lengthening ability of a great pair of flares?! I snagged these "Artist" jeans at American Eagle Outfitters…and the adorable shift dress was a find from Forever 21!!

3. August 1, 2015 / 1:54 pm

In love with this cool denim look! And hon, we totally understand about you being crazy busy right now! School starts for me next week (for planning) and the week after with kids. Blogging will take a back seat too, probably. We all get it and adore you!

Thanks for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday and always giving it such a warm feature in your posts!

• August 4, 2015 / 4:15 am

I truly hope that everyone is as understanding as you are, dearest Dawn…because I've been feeling quite guilty recently for not making many return visits to my readers' blogs!! P.S. I can't believe that your summer holiday is almost over already; where does the time go?! P.P.S. With all my current distractions, I'm so happy I've managed to keep up with "Fun Fashion Friday" at the very least!! XOXO

4. August 1, 2015 / 2:45 pm

You look amazing with the double denim. That long tank is gorgeous, I need all your clothes asap haha 🙂
    I hope you catch up on your sleep doll, I know how hectic it can get, good luck!

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• August 4, 2015 / 4:26 am

Yes, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…I'm pleased to report that I DID catch up on some much-needed snooze-time over the long weekend!! And I'm very glad you like my take on the "Canadian tuxedo," too!! ;D

5. August 2, 2015 / 5:37 pm

I was going to ask the very same thing! Want to know where I can find that shift dress – it's so great on you 🙂

• August 4, 2015 / 4:55 am

It might involve a little digging through some tightly-packed racks, dear Lisa…but Forever 21 is often a treasure-trove of really cute pieces!! And the price-point is definitely hard to beat…something I'm going to appreciate even more once we've moved and our new (stricter!) budget comes into effect!! 🙂

6. Anonymous
    August 2, 2015 / 11:49 pm

love the outfit! wish I could get a better look at your lovely shoes

• August 4, 2015 / 5:06 am

If there's a drawback to wearing flares, THAT would be it…they don't exactly showcase the footwear, do they?! 😉