Counting down: skinny jeans, tunic, and a fedora

I did a count on my kitchen calendar last night and suddenly realized that – Oh. My. Gosh! – we only have five weekends to go before the big move!!

styling light-wash skinny jeans with a tunic, snake-print pumps, and a fedora

Well technically, it’s actually six weekends; but because my husband is going to be away on business the last Saturday and Sunday of this month, I’m figuring those two days don’t really count…especially since it’s my birthday weekend, too!!  It’s doubtful a lot of packing will be getting done then!!  😉

styling light-wash skinny jeans with a tunic, snake-print pumps, and a fedora

light-wash skinny jeans, snake-print pumps, and zebra-striped bag

A (small!) part of me isn’t worried; after all, it’s not like we have three bedrooms and a basement to empty out!!  On the other hand, I also know that once we start digging into those cupboards and closets, we’ll no longer be able to ignore all the “stuff” we’ve managed to accumulate over the last fifteen-plus years in our current home!!

light-wash skinny jeans, snake-print pumps, and zebra-striped bag

fedora hat and choker necklace

For now, though, the focus is on those things that won’t be coming to our new condo with us…which means that for my more immediate future, there will definitely be some extra donation runs to the Salvation Army to mark on the agenda!!

styling light-wash skinny jeans with a tunic, snake-print pumps, and a fedora

P.S. Remember – I’m taking part in the Bloglovin Follower Challenge!!  If you’re enjoying the outfits here on StyleIsMyPudding, I’d be ecstatic if you added my blog to your regular reading list!!

1. August 12, 2015 / 3:45 pm

How funny…we close on our new place in 5 weeks also….I was just in the basement going through stuff. Ugh….I remember why I stayed in one place for 14 years!! The upside is my new closet is just as big so I don't have to get rid of any clothes! jodie
    ps….Absolutely love those shoes!!

2. August 12, 2015 / 3:45 pm

I hope you show photos of your move and your new home!

3. August 12, 2015 / 4:13 pm

Your tunic looks so light and very stylish, perfect for the summer heat! We are in the middle of a big move too, currently living in hotels and travelling around like gipsies, since our new home isn't ready yet :))

Bella Pummarola

4. August 12, 2015 / 7:51 pm

I find it so hard to give things up. Though the hassle of going through it all, no wonder we just put it somewhere and forget about it till we have no other choice but to go through it haha. You will be soon moving, crazy how fast time goes 🙂
    I love this simple outfit today, the softer colors look amazing paired together. I love your shoes!

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

5. August 13, 2015 / 5:59 pm

This colour palette is divine!!! And yeah, 6 more weeks!! I remember when we were at that mark (so exciting!!) and it sounds like you're are well organized, which is everything!! Can't wait to see your new home. Eeeeee!!!! xo

6. August 14, 2015 / 3:24 am

Girl, you're looking adorable as always and I'm so excited for you for your big move. And I really REALLY want to thank you for nominating me for Not Dressed as a Lamb blogging inspiration awards. You're the sweetest darn thing …. love ya, Chick!