Double trouble: dotted skinny jeans and a leopard-print cropped sweatshirt

For the past few weeks or so, each time I sit down to review the results of my newest outfit photo shoot, I’m genuinely surprised that I don’t look like the proverbial “death warmed over!!”  I guess there really is merit in making an effort with your outfit…even if you just feel like staying in your pyjamas all day!!

styling a leopard-print cropped sweatshirt with dotted skinnies and black pumps

Getting to sleep before midnight seems to be an impossible dream right now; after a busy day at work, my evenings have never felt shorter as I try to catch up on my emails, get my next blog post ready to go, do some new home planning, and squeeze in an hour or two of downtime…all before dropping into bed and starting again the next day!!

styling a leopard-print cropped sweatshirt with dotted skinnies and black pumps

leopard-print cropped sweatshirt, dotted skinnies, Michael Kors bag

And to make things even more – um – challenging as we head steadily closer to our September 24th moving day??  My husband and I adopted another ferret from one of our local animal shelters last night!! Definitely not the best timing (we’d kind of planned to wait until after we’d settled into our new condo!) but how could we possibly say no when little “Fritz” has been missing out on having a friend to snuggle with?!

styling a leopard-print cropped sweatshirt with dotted skinnies and black pumps

leopard-print cropped sweatshirt, dotted skinnies, and Michael Kors bag

And to top it all off, I’m on my own this weekend, too…hubby is heading to Calgary for a business trip!!  I sure hope you’ll still find me in one piece next week, dear readers!!  😉

styling a leopard-print cropped sweatshirt with dotted skinnies and black pumps

1. August 26, 2015 / 5:29 pm

Monica, how kind of you to put a lonely creature ahead of your own needs right now. If only there were more like you . . . (might say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one). I'm also dreaming about pattern mixing the way you did here!

• August 26, 2015 / 11:59 pm

My husband and I are ferret lovers through and through…we just couldn't imagine NOT providing a home to one in need!! As for pattern mixing?? I have to say I was pretty happy with how well this combination turned out, too!! 😀

2. August 26, 2015 / 6:12 pm

Awe, I bet Fritz is loving his new home! I bet he is adorable! 🙂 Love these two prints together you are looking so great! Best wishes on everything!

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• August 27, 2015 / 3:51 am

Fritz has already showed "Freki" (the new guy!) his favourite hangout under our stove, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…not my idea of cozy, but they seem to find it very comfortable!! And thank you – as always! – for being such wonderfully supportive blogger friends; I'm always so happy to hear from you!! XOXO

3. August 26, 2015 / 8:08 pm

Adorable outfit and looks so comfortable….LOVE the way those dotted skinnies fit!! Can you share the brand name?
    Hang in there Monika ~ the weekend will be here before you know it!!
    Susan in Georgia

• August 27, 2015 / 2:28 pm

I'd originally "spotted" (haha!) these skinnies on someone else, dearest Susan…and immediately fell in love with the cool fabric pattern!! But I didn't have the nerve to ask where she'd purchased them, so it was sheer luck that I found a pair for myself at H&M a few days later!! And thank goodness another weekend is just around the corner…it's my birthday on Sunday, so you can bet that I'll be taking at least a little time off from packing!! ;D

• August 27, 2015 / 8:52 pm

"D-Day" is getting closer and closer, dearest Jodie…eeek!! And as much as ferrets seem to enjoy human companionship, I think nothing can take the place of having one of their own to cuddle with; plus, now there's one each for my husband and I to cuddle, too!! 😀