Green delicious: layering a mohair sweater over a drapey blouse

While neutrals are always awesome in my books, there’s no denying that a pop of colour can add a whole lot of “oomph” to any sartorial ensemble!!

styling a chunky mohair sweater with a flowy blouse and skinny jeans

This juicy apple green is a personal favourite of mine; and since our weather continues to be quite mild here in Vancouver, I was really happy that I could wear my mohair sweater as an outer layer today…rather than hide that fluffy cuteness under a jacket!!

styling a chunky mohair sweater with a flowy blouse and skinny jeans

But I did go with a little “something something” under my sweater…in the form of a flowy, reptile-print blouse!!  My first instinct was actually to go with a more body-skimming layer – to balance out the chunkiness of the knit – but I’m glad I opted to experiment; I love the way the sleeves and hem of the blouse add an extra bit of movement to this look!!

styling a chunky mohair sweater with a flowy blouse and skinny jeans

And how about you, dear readers…have you done any experimenting with your outfit combinations lately??  I hope you’ll take a moment to share!!

styling a chunky mohair sweater with a flowy blouse and skinny jeans

1. October 26, 2015 / 2:36 pm

What a great layering idea!

• October 26, 2015 / 9:28 pm

Thank you so much!! This was definitely a fashion experiment that paid off!! 🙂

2. October 26, 2015 / 3:12 pm

I love doing different things to tweak my outfits I love the added print underneather! The sweater is lovely such a nice color 🙂
    I forgot to mention what a stunning view your new house got. Love it!

Florals&Smiles

• October 26, 2015 / 9:39 pm

Although you can't see it in these photos, we actually have a bit of a mountain view, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! And I'm happy to hear that you like my sweater/blouse combo as much as I do; I think you're pretty much guaranteed a winning look when you put together favourite pieces…don't you agree?! XOXO

3. October 26, 2015 / 6:41 pm

Love that you're taking your own pictures now!! They are coming along fabulously and I'm feeling very inspired to go out with my tripod too… there's something really fun about it, isn't there?!! And, I must say your sweater & blouse are the perfect layering combo! Love, love it! xo

• October 26, 2015 / 10:30 pm

Taking my own outfit photos IS surprisingly fun, dearest Veronika…although that doesn't mean that I haven't had my moments of frustration, too!! But practice makes perfect…so I'm sure I'll be a "pro" before too long, ha ha!! 😉 The only unfortunate thing?? The extra time it's taking me to get my pics is – once again! – time that I DON'T have to "go visiting!!" But you only fail when you give up…am I right?! Thank you so much for hanging in with me!! XOXO

• October 27, 2015 / 1:39 pm

Ah yes, moments of frustration! Haha, well there's those too!! 😉 But practice definitely makes perfect! You'll be a speedy pro in no time… I've got mine down to about 10 minutes per look. Not too bad, right?! Wishing you a lovely week, Mon! xo

4. October 26, 2015 / 9:18 pm

Aaaaabsolutely loving the blouse/sweater combo, Monika – and isn't it a beautiful green?! Your pictures are great, you can't tell that you've switched from photographer to tripod!

Hope you feel a lot more settled in now in your new home – I'm very envious of those views from your balcony!! Hope to see you at the #iwillwearwhatilike link up, it's now live!

Catherine x
    Not Dressed As Lamb

• October 27, 2015 / 6:36 am

That's truly a terrific compliment about my pics, dearest Catherine…but I have a feeling my hubby/former photographer might not take it quite the same way!! ;D And yes – even though we still have those last few boxes sitting around, it's very much feeling like "home sweet home" around here now!! P.S. Have you by chance spotted the new addition to my blog's sidebar?! XOXO

5. October 28, 2015 / 6:04 pm

Oh how I LOVE this idea! I am off to grab one of my blouses and layer a shorter sweater over it! : )
    Monika, I have to say, that shade of green is perfect on you!

• October 28, 2015 / 8:26 pm

It really is a yummy shade of green, isn't it, dearest Jane?! Thanks so much for the lovely compliment…and I'm thrilled to hear that I've inspired you to try your own version of this look!! XOXO

6. December 25, 2016 / 11:16 am

Those sandals are adorable! What brand are they?