Jumpstart: crochet midi-dress, floral moto jacket, and socks with heels!

This is it…my very first outfit post sans the assistance of my husband-as-photographer!!

styling a white crocket midi-dress with a floral moto jacket and ankle socks with heels!

After spending an entire evening experimenting with my brand new tripod and the self-timer on my camera – since the “remote shutter release” I ordered online hasn’t been delivered yet! – and another hour jumping back and forth in my midi-dress and purple heels, I ended up with this:  One. Solitary. Image.

Ouch!!  Apparently, I have a steep learning curve ahead of me!!  For some reason, I could not get the darn camera to focus properly…nearly every single photo looked like it was taken underwater!!  Let’s hope that my average improves (at least a little!) once I get my hands on that shutter remote!!

As for my ensemble here??  You’re not seeing things; I was finally brave enough to try pairing some pretty ankle socks with those aforementioned heels!!  For a girl who normally HATES socks, that’s a major sartorial leap of faith…and I’m very curious to know if you think it paid off!!

P.S. It’s another Fun Fashion Friday, everyone!!  Take a moment to visit Fashion Should Be Fun, link up…and let the celebrations begin!!  🙂

1. October 16, 2015 / 1:44 pm

It sure did pay off – way to go : ) . Those socks take your outfit to another level – from precious to artsy-edgy-cool. Playing with/learning photography takes up a ton of time, but looks like you're getting it already.

• October 19, 2015 / 5:55 am

I think I've had those little socks tucked away in my dresser drawer for over a year…just waiting for the moment when I'd find the courage to wear them!! And getting good photos on my own is definitely waaay more time-consuming than having my hubby snap them for me…but somehow, more gratifying as well!! Thank you so much for the encouraging words!! XO

2. October 16, 2015 / 3:29 pm

Haha don't worry, you did a great job with this photo as well as with the outfit. Love the purple shoes!

Bella Pummarola

• October 19, 2015 / 6:07 am

Aww thanks, dearest Anett!! I actually bought those shoes for a wedding a number of years ago…but when you love something, it seems a shame to break them out only for "special occasions," doesn't it?!

3. October 17, 2015 / 2:48 pm

I like your attitude on the photography. Instead of ranting about it, you're very matter of fact and positive—I love that in a woman! I love this jacket and dress together. Being much more conservative in my clothing choices, I wouldn't wear the socks….but I love that you are! It's a different look—and it'd be so boring if we were all alike! jodie

• October 19, 2015 / 6:22 am

Hello dearest Jodie!! Truly, those socks were a stretch for me, too…but I think the best part about personal style is the experimentation!! And now – for a while, at least! – photography will be all about experimenting as well!! P.S. Are you settled into your new place yet?? Please don't say you've already unpacked every box…we STILL have a few stragglers lying around!! 😉

4. October 17, 2015 / 4:04 pm

Wow, that dress is gorgeous, and the sheer socks with the heels, genius!!
    Your photography skills are on their way! : )

• October 19, 2015 / 6:31 am

As reluctant as I was to try the socks-with-heels trend, I will admit that I really like the result, dearest Jane!! And if you knew how many photos I took before I FINALLY nailed this one, I'm not so sure you'd be complimenting my skills with the camera…but things can only get better with practice, am I right?!

5. October 18, 2015 / 12:54 pm

Such a fun look and I'm loving the ankle socks! You rock! And yeah, it will take awhile to get used to the timer and tripod but if I can do it, you can do it!

Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

• October 19, 2015 / 6:38 am

You're one of my biggest inspirations for going it alone, dearest Dawn…you've got "voguing" in front of a tripod down to a science!! XOXO

6. October 18, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Love the socks with heels and that jacket…absolutely delicious! Yes, there is a learning curve in regard to taking your own photos, I've always taken my own. The solution to the blurry shots is absolutely the remote. Once you get it, you'll be snapping away like a pro!
    Debbie

• October 19, 2015 / 6:56 am

Such a relief to hear that the shutter remote will make a difference, dearest Debbie…because running back and forth between my "spot" and the tripod – only to be disappointed over and over again! – is getting a little tiresome!! P.S. I know it was a while ago that you featured a socks-with-heels outfit on your blog…but it definitely helped convince me to try the combo for myself!! XOXO

7. October 21, 2015 / 6:37 pm

I know how hard it can be getting the right photo by yourself I just hate when I can't get the camera to focus haha. Lovely look today this dress is stunning and I love the shoes!