State of grey: Chanel-style jacket with grey skinny jeans and booties

Now that Robin and I have (more or less!) settled in and settled down from our move, I’ve had the urge to add a few new pieces to that glorious walk-in closet of mine…so yes, dear readers!!  I’ve done some shopping!!

styling grey skinny jeans with a Chanel-style jacket and ankle booties

Finding the “perfect” grey skinny jeans had actually been on my mind since waaay before packing ever was; after all, what kind of a fan of neutrals could I possibly be without a basic like this in my denim line-up…am I right?!

styling grey skinny jeans with a Chanel-style jacket and ankle booties

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the fit and quality of jeans from Forever 21 before, and these are definitely no exception; they sit nicely on the hips without gaping, the denim is wonderfully soft and stretchy, and a small cuff takes care of the length…no hemming required!!

styling grey skinny jeans with a Chanel-style jacket and ankle booties

So together with my collection of grey sweaters and tees (not to mention this Chanel-inspired jacket and my favourite ankle booties!) I’ve now got all kinds of ammunition for some sleek grey-on-grey ensembles!! Looking forward to hearing how you like this first combination!!  🙂

P.S. Remember – it isn’t just Friday…it’s Fun Fashion Friday!!  Why not visit Fashion Should Be Fun and join the linkup party with me?!

1. October 23, 2015 / 2:55 pm

Those jeans really do fit you well and flatter your slim figure, and your outfit reminds me of Keith Richard's graphic-glam. Although I love neutrals, at 56 my skin has become a bit sallow, so I usually add color around my face with a collar or scarf, but your luminous skin handles the grey!

• October 26, 2015 / 2:26 pm

It's not too often that I do a look that doesn't include at least a touch of "rock and roll"…I love the way it adds some edginess to my outfits!! And I've used mineral makeup for years now to give my skin a bit of "natural" glow!! 😉

2. October 23, 2015 / 6:18 pm

Loving thes grey denim! It goes so well with the whole look 🙂 So beautiful! Glad to hear you are both settling in well. Hope your fur babies are doing well x

• October 26, 2015 / 8:50 pm

These grey jeans really are the perfect addition to my denim collection, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…not too dark, and distressed just enough to instantly make them feel like old favourites!! P.S. The "kids" are great!! They had a play date with two other ferrets over the weekend…and they wrestled and chased each other around for over four hours straight!! 😀

3. October 24, 2015 / 1:00 pm

Love your gray on gray! I got some charcoal gray skinny jeans last year and was disappointed that in pics they just look like black pants that I've had too long. lol. Your a doll for always mentioning FFF!

• October 26, 2015 / 9:18 pm

I've been rather MIA in the blogosphere since our whole moving adventure began, dearest Dawn…at least I'm managing to give back just a little by spreading the word about Fun Fashion Friday every week!! And I think I remember your disappointment about those charcoal jeans; maybe they need to go through the wash a few extra (hundred) times to lighten them up a bit more?! On the other hand, maybe it's the perfect excuse to look for another pair!! ;D

4. October 25, 2015 / 7:37 pm

Hi Monika! So good to visit your blog, feel like I've missed so much. Life has been busy, but luckly I got to visit today. I am loving this outfit, and will you introduce us to your new closet at some point? I agree Forever21 jeans are awesome, fit, and comfort are the best. Happy Fall season, and I'll check out the link up. Also I just followed your Instagram, so that I don't feel like I miss so much incase I don't get to do regular blog visits!

xoxo,
    Tania

• October 26, 2015 / 9:27 pm

So lovely to have you visit again, dearest Tania!! I know exactly what you mean about being out of the blogging loop…since my hubby and I unexpectedly bought a new home at the end of July, I've managed to keep my outfit posts going…but not much else!! And I haven't updated my Instagram account in FOREVER…shame on me!! Fingers crossed that I manage to get myself back on track soon; I also feel like I've been missing out!! XOXO