Getting crafty: sweater coat, tank dress, booties, and floppy hat

I’m having a difficult time wrapping my head around this…but Christmas is exactly six weeks away today!!

styling a sweater coat with a tank dress, booties, and floppy hat

Didn’t the time between the first day of school and the “biggest” holiday of the year seem endless back when we were kids??  Now it feels like summer was only a few short weeks ago…yet there are already telltale twinkling lights in some windows around our neighbourhood!!

styling a sweater coat with a tank dress, booties, and floppy hat

sweater coat, tank dress, and floppy hat

But for me, the surest sign that the festive season is just around the corner is Vancouver’s annual Circle Craft Christmas Market!!  Spending an entire day browsing the handcrafted artisan-quality wares (you won’t find any crocheted toilet roll covers here!) is a yearly tradition I couldn’t imagine doing without!!

sweater coat, Kork-Ease booties, and Fossil bag

sweater coat and floppy hat

So tell me, dear readers – have you already been bitten by the holiday bug, too??  It’s a little early, yes…but something tells me that Christmas will be here before we know it!!  😉

styling a sweater coat with a tank dress, booties, and floppy hat

(And if you are ready to get your “party” on, make sure to visit Fashion Should Be Fun for the Fun Fashion Friday linkup!!)

1. November 13, 2015 / 8:07 pm

We are always excited about Christmas! We just love to see all the stores put out there Christmas decore 🙂
    The cardi is stunning btw, looks very cozy!

Florals&Smiles

• November 16, 2015 / 9:40 pm

There's nothing quite as comforting as a woolly cardigan on a chilly day, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…it's like being wrapped up in a big blanket!! 🙂 And for some reason, I can totally believe that the two of you are already completely wrapped up in "Christmas spirit!!" 😉 Have you started experimenting with your holiday baking yet?? XOXO

2. November 15, 2015 / 1:11 pm

Love that cozy long cardigan, Monika! And so perfect with that outfit .. and the chic hat! Did you buy anything at the fair? I just bought my first Xmas present and saw my first Xmas lights in the hood, so yeah, the season is here! Wish we could shop together!! How fun would that be? 😀

Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

• November 16, 2015 / 8:57 pm

Oh my gosh…you would absolutely LOVE the Circle Craft Christmas Market, dearest Dawn!! My girlfriend and I spend a whole day there every year…and she's not even a big shopper!! I think if you and I went, we'd definitely need to come back for a second day…and maybe even a third!! ;D

P.S. My budget was a bit tight this time around because of our recent move, but of course there was simply no way I could resist bringing home a "gift" for myself!! You'll get to see it soon…I promise!! XOXO

3. November 15, 2015 / 3:02 pm

Hello from down in Arizona, Monika!
    I just discovered your blog through Sally's link over on Already Pretty. I have subscribed now via Bloglovin'–just adore your sense of style! I find it interesting that you get to play with your clothes on weekends, because to a certain degree, that is true for me too. I work in a school and certain looks just aren't appropriate. (Former teacher, current faculty administrator–I can get away with a little more in the new role.) I am experimenting these days with just how much I can "push the envelope", both with the work/weekend thing. At the same time. I'm trying to discover some new style directions, and your outfits are definitely the kind of inspiration I am looking for. Thanks so much!

• November 16, 2015 / 3:30 pm

It's really wonderful to "meet" you, dear Linda!! Thank YOU so much for taking the time to introduce yourself…it makes me very happy to know that my little blog is serving as some personal style inspiration for you!! 🙂 Dressing for specific work environments will almost always come with some rules…but I'm a firm believer that having a little fun with fashion is never a bad thing. Looking forward to hearing more about your sartorial journey!! XO