Christmas by candlelight: seventies-inspired sequinned gown and buckle-embellished booties

Well, dear readers, this has already been quite the Christmas to remember…Robin and I spent “the night before” in a total power blackout!!

styling a sequinned, seventies-inspired gown with buckle-embellished bebe booties...and a Christmas lantern!

No dinner, since we had no electricity to cook…no delivery option (everything closes early on Christmas Eve, of course!)…and not even any means of escape, since our vehicle was trapped behind the gate in our underground garage!!

sequinned, seventies-inspired gown

Obviously, spending a cozy evening with a nice, steamy mug of hot chocolate and a holiday movie like I had planned didn’t happen, either…I ended up going to bed at 9:00 pm!!  But the very worst?!  Almost no Christmas blog post to send out warmest Seasons Greetings to all of you!!

sequinned, seventies-inspired gown...and a Christmas lantern!

sequinned, seventies-inspired gown

Thankfully, we’re back on the grid as of the wee hours of this morning – hubby was kind enough to wake me up and let me know! – so here I am with wishes for a very, very Merry Christmas to you and your families…and a little last-minute holiday outfit inspiration, too!!  XOXO

(I’m linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun for a special holiday edition of Fun Fashion Friday, too!!)

1. December 25, 2015 / 5:48 pm

Merry Christmas, Monika! WOW, it started with an adventure. We had a power outage a while ago for a few hours – the world suddenly felt so lonely! I am glad that everything is back to normal at your home, and WOW you look stunning in this dress! Many happy wishes to you and your lovely family!

• December 26, 2015 / 6:02 pm

Thank you so much, dearest Natalia…I hope that you and your nearest and dearest had a wonderful holiday celebration, too!! XOXO Honestly, there was a certain peacefulness to our candlelit Christmas Eve…but not having any dinner or something warm to drink?? THAT was definitely missed!! 😉

2. December 26, 2015 / 2:46 pm

BOMBSHELL! You look stunning, Dear! Your body looks bangin'!! Hope your Christmas day was wonderful and fun … and that the power stayed on all day!

Thanks for joining in the Christmas link up fun!

• December 26, 2015 / 6:16 pm

I decided to go a little "American Hustle" for the holidays this year, dearest Dawn!! ;D Yup – once we had power again, our Christmas plans were back on track…and we shared a lovely dinner and cozy evening in front of the fireplace with some very special friends!! Hoping your celebration was everything you wanted it to be, as well…and that you got super spoiled by Santa, of course!! XOXO

3. January 4, 2016 / 5:55 pm

I love the dress, the boots and YOUR HAIR! I haven't had a black out for ever. We are prepared with tons of candles, batteries and flashlights. Kind of romantic right, maybe not on Christmas Eve though.

4. January 4, 2016 / 11:20 pm

Great dress – such a pretty color on you! Sorry your Christmas Eve plans didn't work out; glad you had power again for Christmas!