Cold front: sheepskin coat, vegan leather leggings, reptile pumps, and sunglasses

This coat??  I think it just might be the warmest coat in the whole wide world, dear readers!!  😉

styling a sheepskin coat with faux-leather leggings, reptile pumps, and cat-eye sunglasses

Our weather here in Vancouver has moderated again this week – and let’s face it, even temperatures that are hovering around freezing aren’t technically that cold for the middle of winter! – but I was having one of those days when I simply could Not. Get. Warm.

Diesel sheepskin coat

Then I remembered my Diesel coat; I’m totally convinced I could be wearing nothing but a bikini under its sheepskin coziness – in a blizzard! – and still feel fine!!  Today it was certainly the only thing that made crawling out from under my electric blanket worth considering; so yes…there was no doubt in my mind that this outfit was going to be all about the outerwear!!

sheepskin coat, faux-leather leggings, reptile pumps, and leopard-print backpack

Diesel sheepskin coat, House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses

And miracle of miracles…once I put that baby on, upping the ante with a few chic accessories like reptile-patterned pumps and orange cat-eye sunnies suddenly didn’t feel impossible!!  As you can see, I even managed to trade in my goosebumps and chattering teeth for a smile or two!!  🙂

(You know why else I’m smiling?!  Because it’s Fun Fashion Friday again!!  Remember to visit Fashion Should Be Fun and join the linkup party right along with me!!)

• January 9, 2016 / 6:38 pm

Thank you SO much, dearest Cherie…and thank you for popping in for a visit!! 🙂

1. January 9, 2016 / 2:11 am

This jacket really does look so cozy! It's also a very beautiful jacket! It looks really nice on you as well 🙂 Hope all is well x

• January 9, 2016 / 6:43 pm

So far so good for the New Year, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…especially since our weather appears to be warming up just a little!! For now, at least!! 😉

• January 9, 2016 / 6:41 pm

I guess I've got my mom to thank for those "good skin" genes, dearest Dawn…that, and religious use of sunblock ever since I was in my early teens!! But a little BB balm and mineral makeup never hurts, either!! 😉

2. January 9, 2016 / 2:09 pm

Looking very sharp today! Also, your longer hairstyle is very flattering! Stay warm Monika, it's even getting chilly down in Georgia…

• January 9, 2016 / 6:36 pm

Hello there, dearest Susan!! I have to admit that I'm really enjoying this "longer" version of short hair right now…but I always love to change things up, too!! And yay!! Sunshine and milder temperatures are in the forecast for the weekend…which makes me a very happy girl!! XOXO

3. January 9, 2016 / 5:58 pm

Are those real reptile and sheepskin? If they are maybe you should have stuck with all vegsn just like the leggings ..

• January 9, 2016 / 6:28 pm

I respect your opinion, dear Sue Ellen…I NEVER wear real fur, and I've been a vegetarian for most of my life; but for some pieces, I feel that leather is the only textile that provides true quality. Hypocritical?? Perhaps…but you could say the same of every person who eats meat (or fish!) but still professes to love animals. Every individual makes choices like this every day…and in the end, it's up to every individual to live with those choices.

4. January 11, 2016 / 5:08 pm

I really like this look! Great coat, pants & heels! Reminds me that I'll have to wear my faux leather leggings again…