Obsession: skinny jeans, black-patterned shirt, faux-fur vest, and floppy hat

So, dear readers…are any of you obsessive-compulsive jeans shoppers like I am??

styling blue denim skinnies with pumps, a patterned shirt, long faux-fur vest, and floppy hat

I’m not sure what it is about this particular wardrobe staple…but I always seem to be looking for yet one more pair that’s even more comfortable/better fitting/somehow different from all the other ones already folded neatly on their designated shelf in my closet!!

black patterned shirt, long faux-fur vest, Matteo Mio bag, and floppy hat

You’d think I would have an enormous collection of jeans by now, which actually couldn’t be further from the truth; turns out, I’m just as obsessive about editing my denims as I am about shopping for them!!  My latest inventory count??  Exactly a dozen – including flares, white skinnies, grey skinnies, a black-and-red plaid pair…and a few in various shades of blue!!

black patterned shirt, long faux-fur vest, and floppy hat

Lately, I’ve been thinking that cropped flares would be a nice addition to my personal denim arsenal; but so far, the pairs I’ve tried on haven’t been exactly flattering.  It’s a bit of a tricky silhouette, I know…but I’m nothing if not a determined girl!!  And – of course! – I’ll be sharing just as soon as I find them!!  πŸ™‚

1. January 18, 2016 / 2:41 pm

just found your blog–absolutely love your style! πŸ™‚

• January 18, 2016 / 9:56 pm

Thank you so much!! I shall do my very best to keep the outfit inspiration coming!! πŸ™‚

2. January 18, 2016 / 4:34 pm

I'm picky, too. Cropped flares are a cute idea but finding a pair that is cropped at just the right length has proven impossible, at least for me. I'll be following closely to see if you are more successful than I've been. I have short legs, which makes it double hard to find jeans cropped just right. But, the search is fun, right???

• January 18, 2016 / 10:17 pm

Of course you are right, dear Riley…the search is DEFINITELY fun!! And yes – not being blessed with the legs of a gazelle can certainly have its challenges; by the time you hem a flare to the proper length, most of it is often lost!! I guess only time will tell if I'm setting myself up for a wild goose chase!! πŸ˜‰

3. Anonymous
    January 18, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Hi Monika, first of all, Im happy to found your blog. Love all pictures and nice to see you are so happy with your style adventure! Jeans… oh yes. Must say Im crazy about jeans and have too many pairs and I still have'nt found my favourite. I'snt it strange? But when I feel guilty I start thinking, come on girl, it is not the worst thing, jeans obsession. So, all jeans, here I come:-)
    Monika, wish you all the best with your blog. Aleksandra

• January 18, 2016 / 10:41 pm

I agree, dear Aleksandra…having an addiction to jeans is truly not the worst problem to have!! But I also tell myself the same thing about my OTHER addiction…to Starbucks soy chai lattes!! (So I actually have two problems…uh oh!!) Thank you very much for your kind words about my blog; I'm always thrilled to know that someone else likes my outfits just as much as I do!! πŸ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2016 / 9:16 am

Monika, enjoy your soy chai lattes as often as possible! If it makes you happy, just go to Starbucks. Just smile ond order the best latte to make your day:-) Aleks

4. Brit
    January 18, 2016 / 10:01 pm

Hi Monika, I'm glad that I'm not the only one being crazy about jeans. So I'm not feeling alone any more. As I lost some weight I got a good excuse to buy a few new ones during the next months. I really love your blog and wish you all the best. Brit

• January 19, 2016 / 4:48 am

It's really wonderful to "meet" you, dear Brit!! I'm SO happy to hear that you enjoy visiting my little corner of the blogosphere; and send reassurances that you are most certainly NOT alone in your quest for that next great pair of jeans…I shall be right there with you in spirit!! πŸ˜‰

5. Anonymous
    January 20, 2016 / 9:24 pm

Dear Monica! Just found your blog and I like it very much! I am fully with you! I am adicted to jeans! Promise myself not to buy another one,…but,…what should i do! Theye are jumping into my shopping carts. Have over 80 and i love all of them. Greetings from germany! Holly