Flower show: White floral moto jacket, sheer black floral top, boyfriend jeans, and suede heels

There was another trip to the nursery on the agenda this afternoon, dear readers…so when my husband saw me slipping on my white floral moto jacket and this pair of suede heels, he gave me a quizzical look and asked “um, where’s your gumboots?!”

styling a white floral moto jacket over a sheer black floral top, with boyfriend jeans and suede Nine West heels

Since I don’t actually own a pair of rubber boots, his question was a moot point…but it did have me wondering whether I might be the only girl in the world who “dresses up” for venues more typically associated with gardening gloves and muddy coveralls!!

boyfriend jeans and suede Nine West heels

It was (once again!) gushing with rain today…but because we were choosing plants for our brand new balcony rail baskets from the safety of a sheltering greenhouse, I actually felt quite appropriate in my flowery, spring-inspired look.

white floral moto jacket and sheer black floral top

Besides, I’m not much help when it comes to slinging 50-pound bags of soil into the trunk of our car…even in more “practical” footwear!!  ;D

1. March 24, 2016 / 2:15 pm

This outfit does embody spring wonderfully!

• March 25, 2016 / 4:38 pm

Thanks so much, dear Linda…and thanks for stopping by to say "hi!!"

2. March 25, 2016 / 11:21 am

OMG, you look amazing …. I've been playing around with mixing floral patterns lately and here you have done it perfectly! I can imagine the look on my husband's face if I wore that to the nursery, but I totally get you, Girl! Don't forget to come by and link up!

TGIF!

• March 30, 2016 / 5:42 am

Yep…I know that Robin rolls his eyes sometimes at my footwear choices, but what can I say?? I LOVE my heels…and I wear what I want!! πŸ˜€ P.S. This Friday's linkup is now mission accomplished, dearest Dawn…I just had a bit of a late start today with a long weekend sleep-in!! πŸ˜‰

3. March 25, 2016 / 6:13 pm

Monika you're a girl after my own heart with mixed florals – they look beauuuuuutiful on you, and I love them with the distressed denim! It's funny – I always dress up for the garden centre too, so you're not the only one who does that, hehe!!

Have a wonderful Easter sweetie, much love to you

Catherine x

• March 30, 2016 / 5:51 am

You definitely deserve some kudos for this look, too, dearest Catherine…I know I wouldn't have dared to do this kind of pattern-on-pattern combination without your stylish influence!! πŸ˜€ And yay!! Glad to know that I'm not alone in my choice of outfits for garden centre excursions!! ;D

• March 30, 2016 / 5:59 am

It really is a pretty awesome jacket, isn't it, dearest Debbie?! I feel totally ready for spring when I have it on!! XOXO

4. September 14, 2016 / 10:29 am

This floral jacket style is refreshing with bright pops of floral against a black backdrop. It seems classic and trend savvy which can catch any one’s eye.