View to a thrill: grey skinnies, white shirt, long cardigan, and strappy shoes

The city of Vancouver makes regular appearances on many “most beautiful places to live” lists year after year…and even though you’ll probably call me biased, I totally agree!!

styling a white shirt with a long cardigan, grey skinny jeans and scarf, and strappy heels

I grew up in a flat and landlocked suburb of Toronto; but as far back as I can remember, I’d dreamed of the mountains and ocean – not to mention the temperate climate! – of Canada’s wonderfully picturesque west coast.  Never mind that I don’t ski or swim…it was (and still is) all about getting to enjoy some of Mother Nature’s most stunning vistas firsthand!!

grey skinny jeans, long cardigan, and Elvis & Kresse bag

Of course, living beachfront will likely never become a reality for us – not when the price for a merely “average” Vancouver home is a cool one million dollars! – but Robin and I were absolutely thrilled to discover that we have a much-coveted mountain view from the livingroom window of our new condo… something we’ll be enjoying even more as we head towards summer!!

long cardigan, grey skinny jeans, strappy heels, and Elvis & Kresse bag

white shirt, long cardigan, and skinny scarf

By the way – the photos of our place that I promised you back when we first moved??  I swear they’re still coming; I just want to wait until we have the fog and gloom that makes up a typical Vancouver winter well behind us!!

P.S. I certainly don’t have to wait to start this weekend off on the right foot…and neither do you!!  Join me in a visit to Fashion Should Be Fun for the latest Fun Fashion Friday linkup!!

1. March 18, 2016 / 2:03 pm

Such a cute look! I love your necktie and cardigan!

• March 20, 2016 / 2:50 am

Thanks so much, Amy…and thank you for visiting, too!! 🙂

• March 20, 2016 / 3:07 am

You want to know a secret, dearest Dawn?? That "scarf" was actually a belt from a blouse I gave away AGES ago!! I was no longer in love with the style of the shirt, but I still really liked the fabric…so keeping only the belt seemed like a perfect compromise!! 😉 P.S. You are more than welcome to every bit of support that I can send your way…that's what "blogger besties" are for, right?! XOXO

2. March 19, 2016 / 3:49 pm

Monika I love this soft grey colour palette on you, it's like shades of grey were made for you…! So nice to see your Elvis & Kresse bag too, it seems to go with everything!! Love love love ❤️‍

Catherine x

• March 20, 2016 / 3:26 am

As you know, neutrals are SO my thing, dearest Catherine…and grey has recently become one of my most favourite "go-to" shades!! But that doesn't mean I haven't learned how to work an occasional pop of colour (like this little red box bag!) into my outfits…thanks to all the marvellous inspiration I always get from a certain British blogger BFF!! ;D

3. March 22, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. This jacket/coat is awesome. How is the ferret doing?

• March 23, 2016 / 5:43 pm

That long cardigan was definitely a good investment, dearest Nicole…I think I wear it more than any of my other coats and jackets combined!! 😉 And Fritz seems to be feeling his normal self right now, even though we know he's still contending with those last few bladder stones; he's scheduled for (another!) x-ray in a couple of weeks. Thank you so much for asking!! XOXO