Board certified: shawl-collar blazer with a plaid shirt, skinny jeans, and western-style booties

Even though I’ve been blogging for three years now, the last words I’d use to describe myself would be “computer savvy”…in fact, pretty much anything beyond tapping the “Publish” button still has me holding my breath and tightly crossing my fingers!!  😉

Monika Faulkner styles a plaid shirt with a shawl-collar blazer, skinny jeans, and western-inspired booties

And I’m no social media maven, either; I still don’t have a data plan for my iPhone…’cause I can wait to check my Instagram and email until I get home, thank you very much!!  But.  I’ve definitely noticed that there’s one particular Internet platform that – in my opinion – personal style bloggers don’t utilize to full potential.

skinny jeans, Aldo western-inspired booties

Did you guess Pinterest??  Did you know that Pinterest is so much more than a virtual corkboard for recipes and pretty pictures??  It’s actually a search engine just like Google…which makes it an awesome way for other bloggers to find you and your fabulous outfit ideas!!

plaid shirt, shawl-collar blazer, Labradorite ring

plaid shirt, shawl-collar blazer, wire-framed sunglasses

To that end, I’ve created a collaborative Pinterest board called “Fearless Fashion File“…and I’d love all of us to share it!!  Some of you have an invitation to join up waiting for you – check your Pinterest messages! – and everyone else??  Simply send me an email to request one!!  And please start pinning your most fearless outfit creations right away…I’m getting a little bit self-conscious hanging out by myself!!

• September 25, 2016 / 5:39 pm

Thank you, Grace!! And thank you so much for visiting, too!! 🙂

1. September 23, 2016 / 4:54 am

I can wait to check personal email and other stuff that is not work-related untill I am home too! And I don't even have my own blog. But I am on Pinterest. Great resource for ideas. And it is a place I can "collect" clothing and shoes I could never afford, or personally pull off!

I used to fantasize starting a blog. But I have given up finding the time and energy to do it. (And I think my husband would not understand it in the least!)

• September 25, 2016 / 5:56 pm

I know what you mean about the hubby and blogging, dear Linda!! It took my husband a while to "get it," too; but now he's one of my biggest supporters…not to mention my ever-patient photographer!! "Working" social media, though?? That's definitely my biggest challenge when I'm working a full day IRL as well…I guess I haven't caught that "fear of missing out" bug yet!! 😉

• September 25, 2016 / 5:58 pm

So glad you like it, dear Mary!! Thanks for taking a moment to say "hi!!" XO

• September 25, 2016 / 5:59 pm

Thanks, dearest Nancy!! They're oldies but goodies!! 😉

2. September 25, 2016 / 2:07 pm

I know I need to spend more time on Pinterest. I forget to label my photos there all the time too. Argh. So much to do, so little time! But you know I'll join your board, Dear! That will be fun! You're looking fabulous and I'm super obsessed with your layered necklaces!

Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

• September 25, 2016 / 6:06 pm

Awesome to have you "a-board" with my Fearless Fashion File on Pinterest, dearest Dawn!! ;D And as I mentioned in my note to Linda above, I often find all the social media obligations of blogging a little tough to keep up with (like you said – so much to do, so little time!) but since Pinterest is actually way more than just a social platform, I think it's worthwhile to give it some extra TLC!! XOXO