Falling: How to style a caftan for autumn

I read somewhere that the typically made-for-hot-weather caftan is untypically having a moment for fall…and considering the non-summer we had in Vancouver this year, you gotta expect I’d be jumping on that trend bandwagon right away!!

Monika Faulkner styles an olive jersey caftan with a chunky-knit cardigan, suede heels, and leopard-print clutch

Anything to keep a beachy vibe going just a little bit longer…especially since – sniff! – Robin and I didn’t make it to the shore “for reals” even once!!  But with coolish breezes in the air and October right around the corner, of course I had to autumn-ize the flowy silhouette of my H&M find somehow

glass bead tassel necklace, citrine earring

…and this chunky, tomato-coloured cardigan fit the bill to a “T!!”  Wonder of wonders, I’m finding myself shopping beyond my go-to neutrals this season; my regular readers may have noticed that shades like dusty pink, maroon, and russet have recently been catching my eye and finding their way into my wardrobe!!

olive jersey caftan, chunky-knit cardigan, leopard-print clutch

olive jersey caftan, chunky-knit cardigan, glass-beaded tassel necklace

Seriously – could any two colours be more perfect together for fall that warm red and olive green??  Or maybe there’s another palette you’re favouring for this time of year??  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!!

1. September 29, 2016 / 3:28 pm

I love this color combination and the whole outfit. In fact, about my favorite two colors to pair are olive green with red. Tomato red, cranberry red…. not only do I do this with clothes but in home decor. You did a great job here!

• October 1, 2016 / 4:13 am

Thank you, dearest Linda! This shade of green has been a favourite of mine practically forever…but as I mentioned in my post, red is only very recently on my radar!! 🙂

2. September 30, 2016 / 1:09 pm

I dont think I ever find a outfit of you that I dont like! Would you like to join my Fancy Friday linkup?

• October 1, 2016 / 4:18 am

That's an amazing compliment, dearest Nancy!! Thank you so much!! And thank you, too, for the invitation to your Fancy Friday linkup…of course I'll be there!! 😉

• October 1, 2016 / 4:22 am

Lovely to "meet" you, dear Mary!! Thank you for visiting…and for taking the time to leave a little note!! XO

3. October 1, 2016 / 12:04 am

You styled it perfectly for autumn! That oversize cardi is the perfect shape and color!

Bella Pummarola

• October 1, 2016 / 4:23 am

I can totally envision you wearing a similar look, dearest Anett!! XOXO

4. October 1, 2016 / 8:07 pm

What a beautiful chunky, knit cardigan. I love how you've styled it with the "caftan". I did not know about caftans and thought it was longer tank style dress. I also love your beaded necklace. Very pretty and different.

5. October 2, 2016 / 12:58 pm

Love the olive green and tomato red together! You look amazing and ready for fall! I didn't get to the beach as often as I usually do this summer. It's less than an hour from my house, really no excuse!

Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!