Growth Factor: Flared midi skirt, sheer floral top, and leopard backpack

I may have let my birthday – it was last month! – slide without much ado, dear readers…but there ain’t no way I’m gonna let that happen with my Blogiversary!!  It was exactly three years ago today that I published my very first post!!

Monika Faulkner styles a flared midi skirt with a sheer floral top and suede platform heels

And what better way to celebrate than with a fabulous new look??  While I’ve been knee-deep (tee hee!) in love with midi skirts recently, this flared version is admittedly a very different silhouette for me; I don’t generally gravitate to a piece that’s quite so “classic!!”

Monika Faulkner styles a flared midi skirt with a sheer floral top and leopard-print backpack

flared midi skirt, sheer floral top, suede platform heels, leopard-print backpack

But when it’s given a dose of the unexpected care of some cool neoprene fabric…well, how could I possibly resist??  Combining the skirt with a sheer black floral top upped the edginess even more; as did pairing my lady-like ensemble with a rockerish leopard-print backpack!!

flared neoprene midi skirt, sheer black floral top, leopard-print backpack

sheer black floral top, sunglasses

Plus, in honour of my special day, the blog will be debuting a fresh new design very soon, too!!  After three years, I’m technically no longer a “newbie” here in the World Wide Web…StyleIsMyPudding is all grown up now, and I’m truly excited to see where it continues to take me!!  So happy to have you come along for the sartorial adventure!!  🙂

P.S. If my online digs don’t look a little different just yet, please stop by for another visit in the next day or two; I’m on pins and needles to hear what you think!!

1. September 15, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Congratulations, Monika! Three years is a great accomplishment. I *adore* that skirt — details?

• September 17, 2016 / 3:30 am

Thank you so much Susan (blushing!!) This new skirt of mine IS pretty awesome, isn't it?? 😉 It's a Rachel Rachel Roy, and it was a #fabfind from Winners – aka my most favourite shopping haunt ever!! XO

2. September 15, 2016 / 3:24 pm

Happy Blogiversary! This outfit is such a fun way to celebrate and is a perfect example of how you find ways to push yourself into new territory, sartorially speaking. It's what makes your blog endearing and inspiring! Yay you! Keep up the good work.

• September 17, 2016 / 3:37 am

Aww…what a truly lovely compliment, dear Linda!! Thank you!! So happy to have you as part of the StyleIsMyPudding community!! XOXO

3. September 15, 2016 / 4:58 pm

Yay Mon, SO excited to see your new space/revamp!!! <3 You can bet I'll be checking it out. Whoot, whoot!! Plus congrats to 3 years of blogging that's seriously awesome and I can't wait to see where it goes for you… I have a feeling it will bring ALL the good things your way!! xo

• September 17, 2016 / 3:50 am

The blog template that YOU designed for my first Blogiversary was a wonderful place to call home for the past two years, dearest Veronika; but I've been working hard at a bit of a "re-launch"…and having a new space to go with my new, more focussed direction seemed like the perfect little reward!! Looking forward to hearing what you think (and thank you, as always, for your kind words and support!!) XOXO

• September 18, 2016 / 4:39 am

Thank you, dearest Nancy!! And thank you, too, for always taking the time to leave me a little note!! XOXO

4. September 17, 2016 / 6:59 pm

Happy blogoversary Dear! Can't see to check out the new look! I'm changing up my blog too. Kinda nerve-wracking, right? Fashion is my thing, tech is more a necessary evil. But anyway, you have been killin' every look! Can't wait to see where the next year takes you! Hope to meet you in person some day, Monika. We've been following each other since the very beginning!

Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday and hope your Saturday is fun and fashionable too!

• September 18, 2016 / 4:56 am

Oh my gosh…is it EVER nerve-wracking, dearest Dawn!! I was terrified to click that final "install" button for my new template…so worried that I might do something wrong!! But as you can see, my new space is up and running perfectly; and I absolutely LOVE it!! Hope you do, too!! XOXO P.S. Excited to seeing YOUR updated blog!! P.P.S. I totally agree…somehow we have to manage a meet-up IRL!! Wouldn't doing a Fashion Week together be the biggest blast??