In the pink: how to wear a knit tank as a vest

Whether or not you happen to be fan of fall (most of my regular visitors know I’m not!) there’s really no denying that the change in seasons makes for a perfect excuse to go shopping!!

Monika Faulkner styles a striped knit tank over a front-tied blouse, with boyfriend jeans and strappy shoes

And boy – have I ever done a lot of that recently!!  I’ve basically outfitted myself with an entire new wardrobe to tide me over until March or so; you could say it’s a “consolation prize” for leaving my beloved summer behind!!

Monika Faulkner styles a striped knit tank top over a front-tied blouse

In order to keep my spending spree at least a little in check, I’ve been focusing much more than I ever used to on the versatility of each piece I’m deliberating; is it going to work in several ways with what I already have in my closet??  Like this pink and blue knit tank, for example; of course it’s cute as a top all on its own the way I wore it in my “Falling out” post…

dusty rose front-tied blouse, boyfriend jeans, slate blue pebble-textured satchel

dusty rose front-tied blouse, boyfriend jeans, strappy shoes, slate blue satchel

…but it’s even more awesome because it can stand in as a vest over this new front-tied dusty rose blouse!!  I’ve kept the layers from skewing too “preppy” by combining them with my distressed boyfriend jeans, strappy heels and – for the finishing touch – some rock-and-roll-ready sunglasses!!  Looking forward to hearing what you think, dear readers!!

P.S. Hope you’re digging my updated blog space, too!!

• September 20, 2016 / 4:46 am

Gwen Stefani?! That's a HUGE compliment, dearest Dawn…thank you so much!! And thank you for being such an amazing cheerleader these past three years; online BFFs definitely make blogging even more fun!! XOXO

1. September 20, 2016 / 12:56 pm

Monika I'm loving how you've styled the knitted tank in yet another way – can't believe it's so versatile! The overall tones of the outfit are stunning (very Pantone Rose Quartz and Serenity now I think of it!!) – and your hair colour is the cherry on top. You look sooooooo gorgeous as an ice blonde.

Congrats on your 3 year blogoversary – and WOW the new site design looks fantastic!! Three cheers for pipdig yet again!!!!!

Catherine x

• September 20, 2016 / 2:04 pm

I found my new "home" – ie. pipdig blogger template – through YOUR recommendation, dearest Catherine…they really do an amazing job, don't they?! And yes, this little tank top is proving to be a surprisingly big player in my wardrobe right now!! Who would have thought I'd like wearing pink so much…?! XOXO

• September 20, 2016 / 9:24 pm

You are more than welcome to copy, dear Laurie…after all, that's what inspiration is all about!! XO

• September 21, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Thank you so much, dearest Anett!! The dusty rose hue I'm featuring here just MIGHT be a new fave…aside from my beloved neutrals, of course!! ;D

2. September 22, 2016 / 11:05 am

Monika, this is probably one of my favourite outfits I've seen for a while! It's absolutely gorgeous the way you've styled this. I LOVE the pink – lately I've seen a lot of pink online but they've been quite pallid (a colour I can't wear), but this is just perfect. The tank is exactly the kind of thing I'd gravitate towards in a shop. Oh and I LOVE your ring!! Beautiful. Can you tell I'm impressed? lol 😉
    Suzy xx

• September 22, 2016 / 2:03 pm

Your sweet note was such a lovely thing to wake up to this morning, dearest Suzy!! Thank you ever so much!! I don't have a lot of people in my everyday life that enjoy personal style and fashion as much as I do, so it's really amazing to have online friends that totally "get it!!" XOXO