Shake it up: how to make a sweater and leggings not boring

I sure hope you don’t mind, dear readers…but I’ve got yet another new piece to show you today!!  Isn’t this fringy poncho-sweater hybrid the cutest?!

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - fringy poncho-sweater, vegan leather leggings, and platform booties

It was actually my hubby who convinced me to try it on – and take it home! – during one of our regular visits to Winners a while back, and I’m so glad he did; it’s the perfect easy (and wonderfully cozy) knit to throw on for an afternoon when the complexities of layering just feel like “too much”!!  😉

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - fringy poncho-sweater, beaded choker, cat-eye sunglasses

And while we’re on the subject of easy??  My hair is technically still short…but ever since it’s been long enough to pull back, I’ve really started to appreciate that ubiquitous “blogger bun” as a cute ‘do option when I don’t want to mess around with my blowdryer or flatiron!!

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - chandelier earring, "blogger bun"

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - fringy poncho-sweater

An ensemble like this is my answer to everyone who questions whether an outfit can be both comfortable and stylish.  Often, it’s not about the pieces themselves – after all, a basic sweater and leggings is honestly pretty boring! – but the detail in those pieces (like fringe and a leather-like finish) that end up making all the difference!!  As always…I’m looking forward to hearing what you think!!

P.S. Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!!  😀

• November 2, 2016 / 6:08 am

Awww…thank you so much, dearest Jodie!! (By the way – probably the BEST thing about an outfit like this?? Feeling like you're wrapped in a wonderfully cozy blanket…even though you happen to be out grabbing groceries!!) XOXO

1. October 31, 2016 / 4:40 pm

Aw, love your blogger bun! Plus, this poncho/tunic hybrid is absolutely gorgeous & I LOVE those pleather leggings. Need some ASAP! Hope your week is off to a great start babe! xo

• November 2, 2016 / 6:13 am

Oh my gosh…I am desperately in love with these leggings, dearest V!! They are the perfect combination of comfort and "I-made-an-effort"…with an all-important (to me, at least!) dose of edginess thrown in for good measure!! You really gotta get yourself a pair!! XOXO

2. November 1, 2016 / 3:03 am

Looks very comfy and easy to wear. Maybe some day I will get leggings like that–every time I see you wear them I ask myself if I might do those great looking leggings too, but I've never taken the plunge. You make them look fantastic though! The style of that knit is fun; but I'd maybe try to reverse engineer it rather than buy it. Always analyzing knits I like, as a knitter!

• November 2, 2016 / 6:21 am

As the saying goes – you only live once, dearest Linda!! I can't imagine that anyone would regret investing in leggings like these; they dress up REALLY well…but they also add oodles of oomph to even the most basic white t-shirt!! 😀

3. November 1, 2016 / 11:23 am

Nice warm and cozy. Love your earrings too! Hope to see you on my Fancy Friday linkup!

• November 2, 2016 / 6:31 am

Statement earrings are once more having a moment, aren't they, dearest Nancy?? I've had this particular pair for ages…so it's fun to let them see the light of day again!! And please keep reminding me about Fancy Friday; I'll do my best to get my act together and join the linkup!! XOXO