Converted: styling red plaid jeans with a chambray shirt and shawl-collar blazer

I absolutely adore today’s cool outfit combo…so it’s hard to imagine that there was a time (not really all that long ago!) when I wouldn’t have dreamed of putting together an ensemble like this!!

And it’s not the red-and-black plaid skinnies that I’d have doubted back then, either; these punk-inspired jeans have been a part of my closet for almost as long as I’ve been blogging, which is over three years now!!  Nope – the pieces that I once swore would never be a part of my wardrobe lexicon are a button-front shirt and a blazer…especially worn together!!

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - chambray shirt, shawl-collar blazer

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - red plaid jeans, chambray shirt, shawl-collar blazer, and lace-up booties

I’m still a confirmed “sweater girl” – I don’t think that will ever change! – but my regular visitors know very well by now that I’m a huge advocate of experimenting when it comes to personal style!!  So with time and practice, I’ve learned to love a collared shirt and a suit-style jacket almost as much as my go-to jerseys and knits.

Outfit inspiration c/o Monika Faulkner - red plaid jeans, French Connection lace-up booties

Of course it helps when the button-down in question is constructed of the softest chambray, and the blazer is nearly as stretchy and non-constricting as the comfiest sweater.  But when it comes to my footwear choice for such a tomboyish look??  I’m sticking with heels, dear readers…Converse simply can’t compete with a pair of edgy lace-up booties like these, don’t you agree??  😉

• November 18, 2016 / 6:51 am

Thank you very much, dear Adeline…and thank you so much for visiting, too!! 🙂

1. November 18, 2016 / 7:57 am

I really really like this outfit. You should wear it more often. 🙂

• November 18, 2016 / 2:54 pm

Well hello there, dear Husband!! 😀 Thank you for telling me (again!) how much you like this look…but what kind of a personal style blogger would I be if I wore the same combination over and over again?? P.S. I'm sure you'd get bored of photographing it on repeat, too!! XOXO

2. November 18, 2016 / 12:25 pm

Funny how we change right! Before blogging I only wore black! I hope to see you on Fancy Friday linkup!

• November 18, 2016 / 3:04 pm

I still wear a lot of black, dearest Nancy…but I totally know what you mean!! 😉 For most of us fashionistas, personal style – like fashion itself – is a constantly evolving thing…and that is exactly what makes it so much fun!! And speaking of fun?? It's going to be a busy weekend for me, but I shall try my darndest to make an appearance on this week's Fancy Friday linkup!! XOXO

3. November 18, 2016 / 5:56 pm

Your style is amazing! Those pants are FAB on you, Monika .. and you are rocking the skirt and blazer look. Add the super on trend choker and the cool girl do and you're pure perfection!

Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

4. November 19, 2016 / 3:49 am

Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. What a great streetstyle look! The blazer has a great cut!