Resolution: How to style striped trousers with a faux-fur pullover, ankle socks, and platform heels

When my sister and I were kids, our parents used to treat us to a new “Christmas dress” every year…partly out of necessity (we’d outgrown the previous one!) and partly because it was our own little family tradition!!

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - styling a faux-fur pullover with striped trousers, ankle socks, and platform heels

I haven’t outgrown a dress in ages…but I’ve kept up with the tradition of a shiny new holiday outfit pretty much every year.  Nowadays, though, I don’t always go for a Christmas dress; sometimes it’s an embellished top or a special skirt that catches my eye.  But this was the first year that I’ve gone for a holiday suit with pants and a matching jacket.  In fact, I’ve never owned a suit in my entire life…until now!!

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - faux-fur pullover, flower-embellished felt hat

Obviously, I’m not wearing the entire suit – a find from H&M – today; that’ll be coming up in another post, so stay tuned!!  But these slouchy striped trousers are a hit on their own, too; the ideal go-with for today’s faux-fur pullover and leopard-socks-with-studded-shoes combo.

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - faux-fur pullover, striped trousers, flower-embellished felt hat, cross-body bag

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - leopard ankle socks, Vince Camuto platform heels

Yes!!  I’m wearing socks!!  I still insist that I don’t like ’em…and yet, as far as socks go, these leopard-pattern ankle-highs are sort of cute.  Socks as my new style resolution for 2017, maybe??  I guess we’ll have to wait and see!!  😉

P.S.  Best wishes to all my dear readers for a very healthy and Happy New Year!!

1. Anonymous
    December 29, 2016 / 2:59 pm

Great combination of textures and patterns! And I love those socks. Definitely you should make friends with socks; they can be a lot of fun and really do help one feel more comfy when it is chilly.

Have a wonderful New Year and lots of happiness in 2017!

2. December 29, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Btw that was me popping by to comment this morning. I had trouble signing in for some reason. Didn't mean to be anonymous!

I do love those leopard socks. I tend to love leopard on everyone else but me. Except if I do it in small ways. Where did you get those socks? Those might be good for my needs.

Actually I may stop by a place or two this afternoon when I am out running errands. There are sales to take advantage of and who knows–maybe something big with leopard print that I could really push myself to wear. A style goal for 2017?

Happy New Year!!!!!

• January 3, 2017 / 2:58 pm

I hope your New Year is off to a fantastic start, dearest Linda!! Did you have any success with your post-holiday shopping excursion?? My little leopard-pattern socks were a find I made at Target back when they moved into the Great White North for all of one hot minute; now, of course, Target Canada is no more…and I haven't seen semi-sheer socks like this anywhere else!! I may have to recruit you to send me some more!! ;D

• January 3, 2017 / 3:00 pm

Thank you so very much, dear Elise…and thank you for visiting, too!! You're welcome back anytime!! XO

3. December 31, 2016 / 11:57 am

What a fun and funky look! Girl, I'm crazy about the socks with those shoes. You're rocking it! Can't wait to see the whole suit together. Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and wishing you the best in 2017, Monika!

• January 3, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Even as someone who's totally NOT a fan of socks, I have to admit that this particular footwear combination works kinda well, dearest Dawn!! And I await on pins and needles for your opinion of my suit "investment!!" XOXO

4. January 2, 2017 / 12:49 am

Why did it take me so long to find your blog, Monika? You are SO SO SO cool!!!

• January 3, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Wow!! Truly the ultimate compliment from a fellow fashionista, dear Sheela…thank you with all my heart!! I'm looking forward to having you back for what I hope will be many more visits!! 🙂

• January 3, 2017 / 3:10 pm