Tea time: styling an oversized sweater with an army parka, vegan leather leggings, and black knee boots

Brrr!!  I shudder to think of life without my favourite Starbucks soy-no-water-extra-hot chai latte right now!!

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - styling a chunky wool sweater with an army-style jacket, faux-leather leggings, and knee boots

There’s actually a small possibility that I may be over-indulging just a little lately, but hey…a girl’s gotta keep warm when the temperatures dip below freezing!!  (I’m absolutely not going to mention the fact that an extra-hot chai is also my drink of choice in the middle of summer, too!!)

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - chunky wool sweater, army-style jacket, zebra-patterned Fossil bag

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - chunky wool sweater, army-style jacket, chandelier earrings

As for the outfit??  I’d be lying if I said my eyes haven’t automatically searched out this oversized wool sweater every. single. morning. since Vancouver’s cold snap started.  Today it was a total natural with my military-inspired parka and vegan leather leggings…which I opted to tuck into my tall black boots this time around rather than pair with my go-to ankle booties.  After all, variety is the spice of life…except when it comes to an über-cozy knit and my Starbucks beverage, apparently!!

Monika Faulkner outfit inspiration - chunky wool sweater, army-style jacket, faux-leather leggings

So now of course I have to ask – are you a fan of that signature red cup as well, dear readers??  What about wintery weather…do you love it or hate it??

Oh, and by the way…no sponsorship was involved with this post; I just really, really ♡ Starbucks!!

1. December 16, 2016 / 12:15 pm

I hate, really hate, winter weather! I want sun and 25 degrees and eating outside and …Etc. But I love youre earrings!

• December 16, 2016 / 3:08 pm

I keep looking out at our frozen, snow-covered balcony and dreaming of the days when we can get out there and enjoy it again, dearest Nancy!! XOXO

• December 18, 2016 / 7:50 pm

Thank you so much, dear Mary!! And thank goodness for snuggly sweaters…or I'd have no hope at all of surviving the winter, ha ha!! XOXO

2. December 18, 2016 / 4:36 am

Hi Monika, nice outfits. I like your pictures. Winter season is my favorite, and I like to wear similar fashion clothes as you've wear. Nice shoes by the way.

• December 18, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Very lovely to "meet" you, dear Camilla!! I hope you'll come back and visit again soon…perhaps some of your pro-winter energy might rub off on me and make me a bit more positive about this whole snow-and-cold-weather thing!! 😉

• Camilla Evaline
      December 21, 2016 / 4:07 pm

Glad to be here and will often take a look in your blog for latest updates.

3. December 19, 2016 / 1:17 am

My husband keeps asking me why I'm always adverting for Starbucks when they're not paying me! lol. I don't like it too cold, but just cold enough for a cozy sweater and a hot coffee and of course boots!

Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

• December 19, 2016 / 3:36 am

We're not lucky enough to have winters that are quite as mild as California's, dearest Dawn – after all, Vancouver is waaay north of you! – but it's been years since we've seen more than a dusting of snow. Sweater weather is fine by me…but parka weather?? Not so much!! XOXO