Holiday spoils: skinny jeans outfit with platform booties and a fur-collared coat

Sooo?!  Did you find everything you wished for under your Christmas tree, dear readers??  Hard to believe that all the anticipation of family gatherings, turkey (or tofurky!) dinners and gift giving are behind us once again…thank goodness that New Year’s Eve follows as quickly as it does, or the festivities really would feel like they were over in the blink of an eye!!

Skinny jeans outfit, plaid shirt, layered sweater, fur-collared coat, polka-dot sunglasses, black-and-white cross-body bag

Robin and I haven’t taken part in a lot of the typical holiday “traditions” for quite some time now; we don’t do a gift exchange, and as a vegetarian, I certainly don’t cook a bird!!  This Christmas, we didn’t even have a tree…just lots of candles, and a pretty bouquet of evergreen branches and eucalyptus.  Condo living means no fireplace for us – not even a gas one – but we had the TV yule log going when some friends came over on Christmas Eve for Baileys and hot chocolate; and the pleasure of enjoying a real wood-burning fire (and a real tree!) when we spent Christmas Day at the home of my previous boss.

Skinny jeans outfit - plaid shirt, cropped sweater, platform booties, fur-collared coat, polka-dot sunglasses

Skinny jeans outfit - platform booties, fur-collared coat, black-and-white cross-body bag

Skinny jeans outfit - plaid shirt, layered sweater, polka-dot sunglasses, fuchsia hair

One tradition we didn’t do without, though??  Heading out to shop the deals on Boxing Day, of course!!  As expected, our mall of choice was ridiculously busy…and the parking lot was a full-on 3-ring circus.  But it was fun to absorb some of the post-holiday mayhem for a while; and we even managed to bring home a couple of bracelets and a necklace for me, and two pairs of jeans for Robin (not for me, for a change!!)

Skinny jeans outfit - plaid shirt, cropped sweater, fur-collared coat, black-and-white cross-body bag

Not that my denim obsession has waned in the least; these skinnies I’m wearing here again have been in heavy rotation IRL too, ever since I snagged them at H&M a few short weeks ago!!  But there’s no guarantee that they won’t be ousted by yet another new pair in the very near future, seeing that I’m off work until January 2nd (yippee!) and more shopping is most definitely on the agenda until then.  Let’s say we meet back here on New Year’s Day and compare our holiday spoils…sound good?!  😉

1. Lise
    December 28, 2017 / 6:27 am

Hi Monika, always interesting that people living so far apart still have so much in common. Firstly your style is spot on for me (a gen-x also), and then also married with ‘furry children’, a vegetarian who will never cook a bird, and my hubby and I do not exchange gifts. The difference is I live on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria, previously from Johannesburg, South Africa. Thanks for taking the time to show us your fab collection of outfits over the holidays! Love your coat, looks very cosy. Lise

• Monika
      Author
      December 28, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Thank you so much for your note, dear Lise…it’s really lovely to have you visit all the way from Bulgaria!! That’s one of the truly awesome things about the blogosphere – the opportunity to get to know fellow fashionistas from all around the world. I’m looking forward to hearing from you again soon…Happy New Year!! 😊

2. Linda B
    December 29, 2017 / 7:23 am

Happy Holidays, dear Monika! Your version of Christmas sounds quite fun, actually. I hope you enjoy all the days until you go back to work on Tuesday!

I have been enjoying a fabulous time with my family–son, daughter and son-in-law all here to make things merry and bright. And yes, I have managed to squeeze in some post holiday shopping on-line, and today we’ll brave the stores in person. What fun it is to snag things on clearance!

May 2018 be a wonderful, wonderful year for you!

• Monika
      Author
      December 29, 2017 / 9:31 am

I can just imagine what a terrific time you must be having with your family, dearest Linda!! When my sister and brother-in-law still lived in British Columbia, my parents would make the trip out to the West Coast every Christmas and we’d all celebrate the holidays together on Vancouver Island…such great memories!! Wishing you a successful shopping expedition today and a wonderful start to the New Year!! XOXO

3. December 30, 2017 / 12:21 am

Boxing day sounds horrible to me! 😂😂😂 We do have a real tree, as a child I remember that they always smelled great! Now a days they dont smell at all! Happy New Years Eve dear!

4. January 2, 2018 / 7:28 am

I admit to being a huge traditionalist. I love my tree. I always cook a huge dinner for my family. I sadly don’t have a fireplace to snuggle in front of (I’m a condo dweller too). I do one thing you do though. I love my Baileys in hot chocolate.

I am amazed you would brave the stores. I’m sure you got great deals though, so your patience paid off. I don’t do well with too many people or waiting on too many lines, so I probably miss out.

But what I really wanted to say is I am having serious coat envy! I love that coat!