In focus: silver platform ankle boots, cropped pleather trousers, and a faux-fur vest

Do you feel like there’s been shortage of  “look what I just bought!”  pieces around here lately, dear readers??  You’re not imagining things…I’ve been on kind of a shopping “fast” since the new year!!

black and white striped shirt, oversized faux-fur vest, sunglasses

In fact, I think the very last time I made an addition to my wardrobe was on Boxing Day, when I found these silver platform ankle boots for such a steal.  They’re still my pride and joy; and I was super happy that Vancouver’s weather shaped up enough over the past few days for me to finally be able to wear them again!!

silver platform ankle boots, cropped pleather trousers, black and white striped shirt, faux-fur vest, leopard-patterned backpack

black and white striped shirt, cropped pleather trousers, oversized faux-fur vest, leopard-patterned backpack

So now you’re probably wondering why I haven’t been visiting Winners, H&M, and Forever 21 on the regular ever since 2018 rolled around, am I right?!  It all comes down to a shift in focus.  Robin and I have lived in our beautiful, brand-new-but-blank-slate of a condo for over two years now, and we decided that it was high time to give it a bit more of a personal touch.  So we’ve been spending the past couple of months scouting out Homesense and Home Depot instead of my regular shopping haunts, looking for plants and pillows and art prints; in other words, all those special things that help make a “home sweet home.”

black and white striped shirt, faux-fur vest, fuchsia hair

But since we’ve almost got every detail in place now, I’ll probably be hitting the mall once again…just in time for the arrival of spring fashions.  (Or maybe that’s already happened??  Oh my goodness, am I ever out of the loop!!)

black and white striped shirt, faux-fur vest, sunglasses, fuchsia hair

And shopping my closet has certainly not been a bad thing; I’m realizing that it’s actually a wonderful way of really confirming my “can’t live without ’em” pieces – oversized furry vest, anyone? – and well as giving some “street time” to those pieces that I like but have somehow managed to neglect.  Like these cropped faux-leather trousers, for example…which couldn’t be a better match for my disco boots, don’t you agree?!  😘

1. Linda B
    March 5, 2018 / 5:57 pm

That furry gilette is so fun!

• Monika
      Author
      March 5, 2018 / 6:56 pm

It’s such an easy way to zshuzsh up virtually any outfit, dearest Linda…and at this time of year, some much appreciated coziness, too!! 😊

2. March 6, 2018 / 2:11 am

So lovely to see some spring weather for you (I know how you love the sunshine as I do Monika!) – and wow, yet another rock chic look pulled out the bag!!!! The furry vest is a winner as is the pattern mixing and those boots still… I neeeeeeeeed them!! 😉

Catherine x

• Monika
      Author
      March 6, 2018 / 6:53 am

Those silver boots really are everything, aren’t they, dearest Catherine?! And while I liked my outfit a whole lot even without the vest (of course – it’s black and white!) I think that extra layer of texture was the cherry on top!! 😁

3. March 6, 2018 / 4:44 am

LOVE those silver boots, Monika! And the furry gilet is simply gorgeous, not to mention the faux leather trousers. Gorgeous!
    Suzy xx
    P.S My blog has had a re-vamp! I’d love you to stop by and check it out!

• Monika
      Author
      March 6, 2018 / 6:55 am

Thank you so much, dear Suzy!! And course I’ll stop by to visit your new online “digs” asap!! 👍

4. March 6, 2018 / 6:53 am

I like that you show us new outfits made out of what’s in your closet. New clothes are great, but they can cost money. Shopping your closet is a skill more women need. I like seeing some of my favorite pieces of yours being worn in new ways. I’m always torn between wanting some new stuff and wanting to sock some money away to buy a new car next year. I need to get my credit card paid off to do that. Spring is coming though and I’m going to want a wardrobe refresh…