Hem and Haw: How six personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims

So…I have something just a bit different happening here today, dear readers!!  A number of weeks ago a handful of fearless fashionistas slash personal style bloggers – collectively known as the “Fab 40’s” – reached out to me to join them for one of their themed outfit posts. 🤗

pink polka-dot wrap blouse, fuchsia hair

Once a month, this group of five lovely ladies invites a guest blogger to help choose a personal style “theme” around which they all create a look to share with each other (and their followers!) via their respective blogs.  Together we settled on what I believe to be a very appropriate outfit idea for the month of July – denim cut-offs!!

polka-dot wrap blouse, cut-off denim skirt, fringe-embellished wedge boots

polka-dot wrap blouse, cut-off denim skirt

To keep things as “inclusive” as possible, we opted to allow all possible variations of “cut-offs”; which meant everything from the most iconic – denim shorts, naturally! – all the way to the comparatively recent fashion phenomena of hemmed-with-scissors jeans and skirts.

cut-off denim skirt, fringe-embellished wedge boots

polka-dot wrap blouse, cut-off denim skirt, fringe-embellished wedge boots

In the end, none of us chose to style full-length jeans…a decision that I’m guessing might have been somewhat influenced by our middle-of-the-summer weather!! 😉  Still, I think you’ll agree that we ended up with a pretty awesome array of combinations!!  Are you ready to oogle how five more personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims?!

1.  Ann (Kremb de la Kremb)

How six personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims

2.  Jennie (Pocket Full of Polka Dots)

How six personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims

3.  Sheela (Sheela Writes)

How six personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims

4.  Mary (Curlybyrdie Chirps)

How six personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims

5.  Suzy (Pixie Chick in Portugal)

How six personal style bloggers wore their cut-off denims

I can’t thank these lovely ladies enough for including me in such a rad roundup of outfit awesomeness!!  How fun is it to take a personal style idea and well and truly make it your own…am I right??  In fact, I was so inspired by all these looks that I’ve decided to take another crack at making a “shorts” ensemble work for me – after I decided some time ago that they simply weren’t my thing.  You’ll definitely want to stay tuned to see what I came up with!! 😁

pink polka-dot wrap blouse, fuchsia hair

1. July 30, 2018 / 9:25 am

So glad to have you join in our fun this month, Monika! Love that you styled a cutoff skirt. I was leaning that way and veered off for shorts at the last minute. The polka dot wrap top and fringed boots are such an unexpected and cool combination – just love it!

• Monika
      Author
      July 30, 2018 / 9:58 pm

I was actually all set to try styling a pair of cut-off shorts, dear Jennie…and then just wasn’t feeling it and ended up going with my denim skirt instead!! I have to say – the bohemian spin you’ve given your shorts outfit is totally up my own outfit alley; that lacy vest layered over the equally lacy top is such a pretty combo…and your platform sandals?? To die for!! Thank you again for allowing me to participate in your Fab 40’s roundup!! XOXO

2. Linda B
    July 30, 2018 / 6:44 pm

I love a great denim skirt with fraying—character! And I love polka dots. So yay for you outfit! Can’t wait to see what you do next!!!

• Monika
      Author
      July 30, 2018 / 10:12 pm

I think denim skirts with a DIY hem are now almost as “classic” as shorts, dear Linda!! And next to stripes, polka dots are probably my newest favourite pattern; in fact, I loved this blouse so much that I purchased it in black, too (which you may actually recall having seen in an earlier post!!) 😘

3. July 31, 2018 / 6:13 am

Monika, it was such a pleasure to have you join us this month! And you look absolutely fabulous. I love that you chose to style a skirt instead of shorts.
    Hugs
    Suzy xx

• Monika
      Author
      July 31, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Thanks so much, dearest Suzy!! I’m a big fan of my distressed denim skirt…obviously!! But I’ll be giving a pair of cut-off shorts a spin here on the blog very soon; after all, we gotta keep pushing those personal style boundaries!! 👍

4. July 31, 2018 / 6:37 am

Monika, it was so fun to have you join us this month. I’ve been wanting to have you join us for a while now. I love your style! And I appreciate that you went with a skirt. I’m so sad–I had this awesome second-hand find of a skirt similar to yours, and I can’t find it anywhere. I can’t imagine I gave it away…. Anyway, I want a skirt like yours!

And, yes, next time I’m in Vancouver, I’m reaching out. Maybe next summer….?

Can’t wait to see you in those shorts you’re ready to style.

Love, Ann

• Monika
      Author
      July 31, 2018 / 7:51 pm

I’ve recently been reminiscing about some “long lost” pieces as well, dearest Ann!! I used to have these fuchsia suede platform sandals that I now can’t believe I gave up (they’d have been a perfect match for my current hair colour!) and a chain belt just like the ones we’re seeing all over Instagram lately. I guess we simply have to console ourselves with the certainty that there will ALWAYS be new things to discover and love!! Thank you again for inviting me to play along with the Fab 40’s theme this month…and as for a meet-up?? You can bet that I already have my fingers crossed for next summer!! XOXO

• Monika
      Author
      July 31, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Aww – thank you, dearest Ada!! Somehow I always seem to fall short of my linkup goals each week…but I promise to keep on trying!! 💕